Brand New Tacoma owner any tips?

Jaidyn323

First Name
Jaidyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-Road
Hello all I have just bought a brand new 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF Road edition in the underground grey for my first truck. I have been looking for inspiration in these threads for builds or ideas I want to pursue. I was just wondering if you older owners of the 2024 model would recommend items you wish you had bought sooner into owning the car! I haver already ordered my all weather mats but are looking for recommendations for tonneau covers and im considering getting method 703s but don't know if they will fit the tires that are already on the car. Anyways thank you in advance!
2024 Tacoma Brand New Tacoma owner any tips? image000000.JPG
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
OEM tonneau and cargo divider were great adds for me.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Congrats! That's a beauty!

These are all sitting next to me as we speak, since I'm still waiting for my truck. Most are new, some are coming over from my current vehicle:
  • Jump/Battery Charger
  • Reverse Light Kit
  • Rough Country Ditch Lights + Brackets
  • Tire Valve Stem Caps
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Tri-Color Grille Badge
  • New Key Chain
  • Blank Button Decal Sheet
  • Mesh Cargo Net Pouch x2
  • Charging Cables x4
  • Carista OBD Scan Tool
  • Sun Visor Molle Panel w/ two Pouches (Smith & Wesson Folding Knife + 5" LED Flashlight)
  • Nav Screen Protector
  • Center Console Organizer
  • Arm Rest Cover + additional padding (got boney elbows)
  • Low Profile Flash Drive + Cables + Adapters (gotta have my 24-bit music with me at all times)
  • 3M Double Sided Tape
  • Roll of Adhesive-backed Velcro (both sides)
  • USA Tactical Patch + 3 US National Park Patches
  • Tonneau Cover Upgrade Kit (see below)
Sitting at the dealer is my OEM tri-fold tonneau cover. That wouldn't fit in my office at the moment.

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Stay off of Youtube.

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Wheels.. +25 or greater offset. Unless you want a whole lotta poke?

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Remove those predator side steps and replace with something better. I had em on my gen 3 and they make for horrible steps, in my opinion. I bought the cali raised step edition sliders for my new truck and I’m loving them! They’re very sturdy rock sliders, also great as side steps, without sacrificing ground clearance like the predators do. There are also OEM options available now too that might be good options. Nice looking truck!

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Hello all I have just bought a brand new 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF Road edition in the underground grey for my first truck. I have been looking for inspiration in these threads for builds or ideas I want to pursue. I was just wondering if you older owners of the 2024 model would recommend items you wish you had bought sooner into owning the car! I haver already ordered my all weather mats but are looking for recommendations for tonneau covers and im considering getting method 703s but don't know if they will fit the tires that are already on the car. Anyways thank you in advance!
image000000.JPG
If you're not sure what you want to do, I would just enjoy the truck and look into modifications when something starts to bother you or interest you.

Trust me, If you look thru this forum it wont take long before you're spending money...

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, offroad capable snow rated tires were the first thing i got (before the truck even arrived).

I don't do serious over landing but I need to get into and out of wet, dirty, bumpy, slippery places.

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
image000000.JPG
Learn all the options and submenus for both physical screens including the option/arrow/direction in your main display. Note the items not selected with defaults.

For me, offroad capable snow rated tires were the first thing i got (before the truck even arrived).

I don't do serious over landing but I need to get into and out of wet, dirty, bumpy, slippery places.
Yes, there's 3PMSF certified version of the OEM BF Goodrich Trail Terrain I'll consider because I'm favorably impressed with the OEM tires. I don't do off-roading as a hobby but drive off road and unpaved often with trail building and ski area crew. So far pretty happy with the OEM tires and they have good reviews for snow.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jaidyn323
I came across this video that might give you some insight. It's not 4th gen tacoma specific but still good

Sponsored