Cali Raised Trail Sliders

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
I have the same sliders on my 3rd gen. High quality. My install went much smoother as well. Prolly because the 3gen has been around for awhile. Reach out to Cali. Talk to them. See if they make it right.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Sorry to hear that. Good on you for making it work. I would have sent them back and good to know as I will be shopping for steps. Certainly avoiding these until things get worked out.

Problem I think is these companies always want to be first to market and rush crap out rather than waiting and ensuring it is right. Happened when the first year of the Wrangler JL came out.

It does more harm than good as I will and many will just avoid these companies all together.

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I would have sent them back and good to know as I will be shopping for steps.
Because they made me wait so long for them, and I really wanted and was excited for these, I just couldn't bring myself to sending them back. It would probably have been more months of waiting.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Almost 9 weeks after ordering, and they're finally here! They were super well packaged. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. I'll try to upload some pictures too, if I manage to get it done. Sure hope they were worth the price and patience LOL. Wish me luck!!!

Sponsored

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Two and a half months.
Tomorrow will 14 weeks since placing my order. Last week I received a tracking number, but says invalid or no information available. I have received so much BullShit from their customer support. 5 weeks ago I was told I would be getting a call at the end of the week that they have shipped.
Now after attempting to contact them about my order and it so called being delivered, I asked for the tracking number.
Two days later they sent me a tracking number.
So I figured they just printed one up so they could reply to my question of "Where is my order?"
At this point I believe nothing Cali Raised support team says and I'm just stuck in this situation.
So 14 weeks counting should be a factor in deciding to buy from this company.

bluemts

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport hybrid
*Update to this post*

Cali Raised contacted me and offered to ship me out a new pair of sliders that fit properly, along with a $100 gift card to their store. This is great customer service, and I really appreciate them doing that. They also offered a partial refund of $250 dollars and a $100 store gift card, which is what I opted for.
I feel great about all of this now, and by writing this, I hope that anyone following along will see that this is a company that does in fact care about their customers and their products. I look forward to purchasing more parts from them for my truck, and I hope that you will also.

I ordered these Trail Edition sliders on April 11th, noting their 4-6 week lead time. I received them about 2 1/2 months later. I'm not here to harp on that, but I feel it's important to mention, just to put things into context. I wanted to be patient with them, because I wanted a good product for my truck.

When they arrived, I was very happy. A quick visual inspection showed clean welds, and a powder coat type that is reminiscent of grip tape that skateboards use.
IMG_2205.JPG

I set about installing these on Saturday, by myself, with a couple of jack stands to hold them in place. Needless to say this was difficult, these things don't balance very well, and simply trying to move the stands around to align them would cause the sliders to fall off. I ended up recruiting a friend to help me stab the sliders into place, and throw a couple of bolts in to hold them.

If only it were that simple, the holes in the sliders did not line up with the holes in the truck frame. They were close, but close is meaningless when you can't get bolts through. So I sat on my ass in my driveway, with a die grinder, opening holes up by hand and lifting the sliders into place to check and see if the bolts would go through. This took most of the day, and it was a pain in the ass.

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

I even had a come along thrown around my rear end, and attached to the slider in hopes of forcing the holes to line up, but it was futile. There were 6 or 7 holes that needed to be opened up, on both sides, but the drivers side slider was the worst. You know, I'm 55 and have worked on a lot of different vehicles, and I know shit like this can happen, but it's really a bummer on a $1200 dollar product that you waited months to receive.

So what do I think of the sliders now that they're on? They're burly, and are absolutely necessary for Crossbar Ranch, which is where I do much of my off roading, the place is a giant rock garden, where skids and sliders get absolutely used. These sliders can for sure hold the weight of the truck, and speaking of weight, you will notice it once they are mounted. They're heavy.

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics of the sliders.
IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2234 (1).JPG

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
My RCI sliders came in 7 weeks, 1 hole was off by about 1/8 of an inch, 30 second fix with a step bit.
Sponsored