Sponsored

Carista app, what have you done??

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Only thing I've done is disable the seat belt chime, adjust how long the turn signal stays on and turn off the fake engine noise.
I would like to have the brake activate automatically so I don't need to hit the button each time I start the truck but don't think you can.

What have you guys done?
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
That's about it for me, but I did turn on the feature that allows me to roll down all the windows from the fob.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Similar for me, my biggest want was to turn off the nasty seatbelt chime. I loved how I had to agree that I was putting my life in danger by doing that.

I set my truck to apply the parking brake when I put it in park and release it when exiting park, but that was through the truck's settings menu.

cyranodabum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR Hybrid
I haven't gotten it yet but this is the setting that I really want to change:

Locking: Smart Key
Touch-to-unlock-doors minimum duration
Off / Short / Medium / Long

I hate the sometimes delay when I tap the lock on the door handle. Although, reading this again, I wonder if the setting changes how long I have to hold the door handle before the doors lock/unlock, rather than that delay after I tap and before I hear the doors lock.

Turning off the fake engine noise sounds interesting too.

Does it matter whether I get the Carista OBD or the EVO? It doesn't look like it matters for Toyotas.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I haven't gotten it yet but this is the setting that I really want to change:

Locking: Smart Key
Touch-to-unlock-doors minimum duration
Off / Short / Medium / Long

I hate the sometimes delay when I tap the lock on the door handle. Although, reading this again, I wonder if the setting changes how long I have to hold the door handle before the doors lock/unlock, rather than that delay after I tap and before I hear the doors lock.

Turning off the fake engine noise sounds interesting too.

Does it matter whether I get the Carista OBD or the EVO? It doesn't look like it matters for Toyotas.
I was looking at changing the unlock feature too, but from what I can tell you can only change the duration from locking it to unlocking it. Not the 2 seconds holding your hand to unlock all doors. Unless I'm misreading the functionality.
Sponsored