"Ceramic Pro Ion" reviews?

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Does anyone have experience with "Ceramic Pro ION" applied to their 4th gen or any vehicle? I am not DIY so I am looking for a quality product/installer. This seems like a decent product but it is not, for me, cheap. I don't like the warranty where I would have to pay an annual inspection but at least the installer was very clear about that.
Sponsored

Stringent

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
My black Trailhunter is in Ceramic Pro right now. Will leave a review in a couple of weeks after observations. 1, 500 for the silver package with Ion Pro.

Stringent

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
My black Trailhunter is in Ceramic Pro right now. Will leave a review in a couple of weeks after observations. 1, 500 for the silver package with Ion Pro.
So far I'm impressed. Truck has a ne level of shine, like a wet look, and water is beading really well. I want to be able to mud, and effectively clean for some time. I think the proof comes over time, in how it holds up.

2024 Tacoma "Ceramic Pro Ion" reviews? 20241009_083224

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
You are going to get both sides of the spectrum. The people that have spent the money are all going to say it is awesome.

The other side will say it is a waste of money.

The problem with any/all ceramic is the care afterwards to even get to make a warranty claim. Are you ready for that upkeep? Some ceramic installers even say you have to bring it to them for all car washes or the warranty will be void. You will NEVER be able to run your truck through a quick car wash if you want. All up to you. sure it looks awesome and super easy to clean for the first few washes. After that the shine will go slowly fade back to a non-ceramic look.

Me personally I think ceramic is awesome for those weekend cars and coffee cars. Ones that you take out every once in a while, never in the rain and don't let sit outside for a long time. Other wise do it yourself and do a detail 2 times a year with a good wax/polish. It will look just as good and you don't need to worry about all the hoops to jump through for after care.

Stringent

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
There are certainly upsides and downsides. You are correct in your assessment that it will require upkeep. Not sure if I ever heard of a provider mandating they wash your vehicle, I'd stay clear of them. When it comes to quick run it through a car wash, that's not for me either. When I decided to buy a 70k vehicle, I came to the resolution that it would be cared for, by me.

While I wouldn't promote anyone taking the path of a professional applying ceramic coating, there are pros and cons to everything. In my case, I hear both camps, and look forward to seeing how this works out....for me.
Sponsored