Sponsored

Dash Camera Series 2.0 - Rear Cam not available on 2024 Tacoma?

Franko Manini

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Frontier
Gang,

When doing the "Build and Price" on the Toyota website (note - Canadian site), one of the accessories is the Toyota Genuine Dash Camera Series 2.0. If you order this as a part, it comes with both front and rear facing cameras. The description says that the rear camera is not available on the 2024 Tacoma. Does anyone know why not? Is there a compatibility issue, or maybe the harness isn't run to the back window?

It seems odd to me that you could not add it. And while I'm at it, they don't give you a discount for not getting the rear cam. So if you got that upgrade and tole Toyota to INCLUDE the parts, then could you install it yourself?

This is just weird.

2024 Tacoma Dash Camera Series 2.0 - Rear Cam not available on 2024 Tacoma? 1722286813594-6l
Sponsored

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
I just ordered a dashcam. Anybody else set one up yet? Trying to figure out a stealth way to hide the wiring

WFORich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport, 2018 Mazda 6, 2 Acura RSX
I installed a 2 camera (F & R) system REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam on my 2024 Tacoma Sport.

Not as difficult as I had expected and hid all the wires.
Here are my install notes with pictures....
RED TIGER VIDEO CAM INSTALL

Two weeks later I had an unfortunate event to capture video when I hit a vulture at 85mph.
Hit the A Pillar ... Expected a dent due to the load noise but not a mark!

Sponsored

WFORich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport, 2018 Mazda 6, 2 Acura RSX
Fixed it. Not sure how that happened

reklov

First Name
@VentureOutTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OFF-Road Premium
I installed a 2 camera (F & R) system REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam on my 2024 Tacoma Sport.

Not as difficult as I had expected and hid all the wires.
Here are my install notes with pictures....
RED TIGER VIDEO CAM INSTALL

Two weeks later I had an unfortunate event to capture video when I hit a vulture at 85mph.
Hit the A Pillar ... Expected a dent due to the load noise but not a mark!
Nice footage. "a huge ass eagle bird"😂

I've got a VIOFO A229 Pro installed (2channel - front and back) I used the dongar adapter which is easy to install, but it does not stay on when the truck is turned off.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
@Sner works perfect. Thanks again!

IMG_4799.jpeg
Welcome ! That’s great. I have a RX350 as well, bought the same harness for it As well. I managed to find a $80 dash cam that fit right behind the mirror and attached to the front camera cover with two way tape. The whole dash cam cant be seen while sitting in the truck at all - it’s perfect.

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
It would be nice we could have the feeds for these passed to the infotainment screen. I am hoping the anytime backup camera is eventually made available for the 2024 also. Would be nice if all of it was integrated so one set of cams get you the F/R dash cam + backup camera (for those of us poors who didn't opt for the prem trims)
Sponsored