Sponsored

Defects of Tacooma that everyone should look at

Locutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I commend those of you that are willing to, or have repaired this defect on your own, however I am not. We have all paid enough for these trucks to expect them to be built correctly. Mine will be fixed next week, by a dealer (I hope they don't cause any other issues)).

Since 1981 I have owned 13 Toyota cars and trucks. I have never had to return to a dealer, soon after purchase, for any defect or repair reason with those vehicles. That's why we buy Toyotas. It seems, sadly, that exceptional quality has changed recently with the use of low cost labor and parts suppliers.

What types of defects, and how many, are we willing to accept, and repair ourselves? if I wanted to spend hours at a dealer having my truck "fixed" over and over I would have bought a different brand (Ford, Chevy, Jeep).

I'm old enough that this may be my last truck. So far I think this is mostly a great truck. Those of you that need transmissions replaced , or other major defects corrected, probably don't think so.

If I buy another, I will be doing a lot of research and not just going Toyota automatically after a quick look!
Sponsored