Sponsored

Discussion: What Features Do You Think Are Missing From The Tacoma?

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
My Taco is on order and should arrive towards the end of next month. From all the articles I’ve read I’m surprised a lot of stuff is missing from a nearly $60k truck that has $9000 in options!
-Full LED headlights with sequential turn signals
-Memory seats/mirrors
-More Soft Touch surfaces
-Mediocre JBL sound system (The Ranger Raptor has a Bang & Olufsen system which was stellar in my Audi)
Sponsored

CurryBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Hybrid Limited: Toyota Prius LTD; 2023 Lexus RX 350 Hybrid
Wow - so some hybrids actually get that mileage? I have never topped 17.2 mpg @600 miles. I would be happy just to get your 23-24.
Well, like anything, if you drive like you are racing and put over sized tires than no. I drive normal but not like an old man either and that is my average.

My wife's Lexus RX350 Hybrid is a good size SUV and I can get 39-42 but she averages around 32-34. She has a heavy foot and waits till the last second to start breaking. Lol, women...

hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Trailrunner
I've had my Trail Hunter 6 weeks. Here is my list

1. Pull handle Drivers side - Currently does not have one
2. JBL Sound System is week. Upgrade
3. Rain Sensing wipers
4. Larger Gas tank
5. Increase rear Leg Room at least three inches.
6. Side View Mirrors that Pivot down when backing in reverse for better view (Similar to Tundra)
7. Rear Air vent system similar to Tundra
8. Full sliding glass Window (Up/Down) similar to Tundra
9. Memory Seat settings

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
It makes you wonder why they make some of these reasonings. Like is there some law or regulation with Transport Canada up here against digital rear view mirrors, or a power assisted tailgate? It would probably cost them no more if more trucks coming off the line were the same?
Canadian Tundras get the power tailgate, so it's not a regulatory thing.

I'm waiting for someone to order the rearview mirror from a US truck and see if getting the digital mirror is as easy as swapping parts.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
Memory seats. Having a 100 adjustments in the seat, plus mirrors and steering wheel with a 5' 0" wife that sometimes drives is a pain. Our 2021 Outback we just get in and it has facial recognition and adjusts everything automatically. I don't need that, but a position 1 and position 2 would not have been too tough for them to add.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Well, like anything, if you drive like you are racing and put over sized tires than no. I drive normal but not like an old man either and that is my average.
I am not driving my truck hard at all since it is still in the break-in period. That last 17.2 mpg was just 1/4 mile on streets, one freeway ramp, 15 miles of steady 70-75 interstate and then 1/2 mile of city streets to my house. Stock tires and no racing, so I am wondering if there is something wrong with my truck to be getting 6-7 mpg less than the EPA number.

BTW - that is how my wife drives too. I told her she would get more regen recovery with slower braking and not last minute, hard braking. Not sure if it worked and I am not dumb enough to ask. lol
Sponsored