Sponsored

Do all region bloat the stick with port option like SE region?

drabon74

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Runner
Just went to the local Toyota dealership and every Tacoma on the lot was loaded with drastically overpriced port stuff, none of which I would want. Proceeded to go to the website of a few other dealerships and same thing. These trucks are already the most expensive in class before all the port add ones. The dealerships have to make a killing off the port installed stuff. Are other regions as bad as the Southeast region?
Sponsored

OP
OP

drabon74

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Runner
Predator steps for 999 lol, there are better options on Amazon for $300. We had them on our 21 4runner, not a fan of em.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Just went to the local Toyota dealership and every Tacoma on the lot was loaded with drastically overpriced port stuff, none of which I would want. Proceeded to go to the website of a few other dealerships and same thing. These trucks are already the most expensive in class before all the port add ones. The dealerships have to make a killing off the port installed stuff. Are other regions as bad as the Southeast region?
SE has a well deserved bad rep from what I have seen. Check out Jim's Under invoice post in the ordering/pricing section if you're seriously looking to buy. I'm guessing you would save a good amount even with shipping.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I saw some Gulf States truck online and started to wonder if my truck was going to cost way more than I expected. Checked with my dealer and it only had two port options - door edge protectors and tailgate letters.

So not all regions bend over consumers the way Gulf States do. You may have to shop around and travel a bit, but you don't have to let them add expensive stuff that you don't want.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
SET (Southeast Toyota) is the worst. They even have their own options and packages; plus, if I read it right, they only include 6 gallons of fuel with your purchase.
Toyota doesn't seem to care. SET was a distributor before Toyota had its own network, so as long as they're making money, it's all good.
Sponsored