Sponsored

elturco

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Thank you for your detailed response. I have decided, thanks to your information, to also replace the springs on my Tacoma OR with Dobinsons to help deal with extra weight of my camper and toys within. I think I added at least 600 pounds to the truck and as such it has lost about 3 inches of height in the back.

I hope you have a great trip. It will be nice if you can report on it. I am going on a trip my self to the Vegas area to camp. I will order the new springs when I am back in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

RESQCAT

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter (Underground)
Need some advice...

So my Trailhunter build adds equipment (not including more gear).

FRONT is a rack, some lights, bumper, winch. Estimated weight is about 225 lbs. or a bit more.

BACK is a Leitner rack with boxes, bed roof, some lights, Decked drawer and CargoGlide. Estimated weight empty is about 625 lbs.

Weights are estimated at this point; fuel, water, gear will add some more weight towards the back.

DOBSON springs to offset this?

• Front Coil Spring Specs:
    • C59-822 (50mm- 2") 110-220lb Load
  • Rear Coil Spring Specs:
    • C59-819V (30mm - 1.25") 440-660lb Load
Is this a good move or bad move... i.e. I need to know more. I have a lifted Jeep... and put some Airlift bags in rear to compensate for sag and trailer. They seem to have worked fine for years even with offroad action, but I mainly use them for towing. They are static when puffed up after all.

THANKS.