Dock Workers Strike will affect East Coast Deliveries

Chip

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
Well like all of you i thought i was never getting my truck, its been at new ark since 8/30.
After constantly calling my dealer for updates and getting the same "it should be here soon, ill keep you posted" answer, i decided to take matters into my own hands and i researched who and how toyota delivers their trucks.
turns out its a subsidiary of toyota called toyota logistics services. after finding that out i began to call the numbers i found on google, i finally found one that connected my to a person i was able to talk too. I gave her my vin and in seconds she told me why my trailhunter was sitting so long. And told me it was scheduled to be delivered today 10-2.
I then asked her if the strike would effect its delivery and she said no because it was already off loaded and on the dock before the strike.
So if your truck was off the ship before the strike you wont be affected, according to what she told me.
Sponsored

dunder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Trailhunter, '25 MB CLE53
You’ve given me a bit of hope. On 8/29 my dealer said it was on the way. I guessing in-transit to a port. So I might only be a few days behind you.

Good luck with your delivery.

Last edited:

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
ugh just need them to hold off for like twomore weeks. Mine is en route as we speak.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Just saw this graphic. The top ports for auto import/export in terms of value shipped are Baltimore, NY/Newark, Charleston and Jacksonville. Other major ports are Norfolk, Miami, Mobile and Houston.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD Off-Road
Well like all of you i thought i was never getting my truck, its been at new ark since 8/30.
After constantly calling my dealer for updates and getting the same "it should be here soon, ill keep you posted" answer, i decided to take matters into my own hands and i researched who and how toyota delivers their trucks.
turns out its a subsidiary of toyota called toyota logistics services. after finding that out i began to call the numbers i found on google, i finally found one that connected my to a person i was able to talk too. I gave her my vin and in seconds she told me why my trailhunter was sitting so long. And told me it was scheduled to be delivered today 10-2.
I then asked her if the strike would effect its delivery and she said no because it was already off loaded and on the dock before the strike.
So if your truck was off the ship before the strike you wont be affected, according to what she told me.
Did you have to say you "worked for a dealer" or did you just tell them you were a customer trying to track down your truck?

I'm trying to do this for the Port of Portland but not getting any luck.