Sponsored

Dynamic Cruise Control - No hands warning duration

Cabby30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DCLB TRD OR
Anyone aware if there's a way to increase the interval of time between the "No Hands" warning while using dynamic cruise control?

I always have my hand(s) on the wheel however I don't often need to correct the trajectory of the truck since it is driving itself well enough. This will make the No Hands warning will alert although I am holding the wheel (but with no physical resistance).

The time interval for no steering wheel input is 13 seconds. I'd like to increase this to 30 seconds.

13s is too short for long stints of straight highway driving. I purposefully need to shake the wheel in order to avoid the warning although the truck is driving perfectly fine. This becomes an unnecessarily common pain since it's something I use everyday on my commute.

My guess is since this is safety related, there will be no solution for this but maybe there is some option with a tuner or programmer?

Thanks.

2024 Tacoma Dynamic Cruise Control - No hands warning duration IMG_6148
Sponsored

AltarBoy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21trd off-road
I just press my knee against the wheel when it pops up and it goes away

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
Someone on here put an ankle weight on one side of the wheel and said it works well.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Engineering probably had to fight for the 13 seconds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cabby30

Cabby30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DCLB TRD OR
What do you think the Toyota legal division would have thought about this idea?
Yup, I'm sure this was deemed high risk and therefore a no-go from a user adjustable settings perspective. However, I am wondering if this is something adjustable in an aftermarket tuner like Carista. I'm not looking to turn the warning off. Mostly, The "13 seconds" sparked my interest & was looking to open up here to peoples thoughts about it.

Engineering probably had to fight for the 13 seconds.
Yea, no doubt, it's a curious number.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I am wondering if this is something adjustable in an aftermarket tuner like Carista.
It's not, and Toyota would have had to build it into the software that way. You can get on Youtube and see what the app can do.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I find the time a bit low as well, I know my ‘17 RX350 is longer. one things for sure, they’ll be no adjustment to that time by the end user 😂
Sponsored