Failed Transmission Support from Toyota/Dealer

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@jman1818 Has your dealer given you a loaner while you wait for the repair? If they have, and you still want the truck I would wait it out. But if no loaner and Toyota doesn't help you with that, I would consider lemon lawing it if it goes on long enough.

Let us know what happens and good luck.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
@jman1818 Has your dealer given you a loaner while you wait for the repair? If they have, and you still want the truck I would wait it out. But if no loaner and Toyota doesn't help you with that, I would consider lemon lawing it if it goes on long enough.

Let us know what happens and good luck.
Iā€™ll be pushing Toyota for a free 10 year 125k mile warranty on mine. 6 trucks i bought from them brand new. Iā€™d rather get the warranty and wait it out for a month or 2 then get a new truck.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
They are putting in a new transmission under the factory warranty that covers it. That being said, the truck has been at the dealer for three weeks and will likely be there for another two weeks on top of that. I asked if they could write a check for the value of one of my car payments, given the amount of time I wonā€™t have it for and they refused. I guess they donā€™t have an obligation to do anything besides replace the transmission, Iā€™m just surprised that with a such a new car failing, they arenā€™t going above and beyond to support their customers.
A dealer isnā€™t going to make a loan payment for you. Ever.

This issue is between you and Toyota, not the dealer.

Yeah, it sucks but no dealer is going to make your loan payment.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Here is something to compare this to. I know someone who bought a Hyundai Santa Cruz and had the instrument cluster light up every warning possible and stay that way. The dealer ruled that it was unsafe to drive and would not give it back. There were no codes and Hyundai did not have a fix. So for 6 months he had to make his payments and did not get a loaner, so he had to rent a vehicle to drive. He hung in there because he really like his Santa Cruz but eventually gave in and lemon lawed it. I haven't seen anything anywhere near that bad with a 4th gen Taco.
Sponsored