Sponsored

Finally secured a Truck. But first a rant...

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Samples screen grabs from the videos from a Tacoma Dashcam. The images had to be reduced to upload. When expanded on my 14 inch laptop screen they are very clear!

2024 Tacoma Finally secured a Truck. But first a rant... Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 5.25.33 PM

2024 Tacoma Finally secured a Truck. But first a rant... Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 5.27.30 PM
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The video resolution looks really good.

I will have to think about getting that and thanks for the post.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Samples screen grabs from the videos from a Tacoma Dashcam. The images had to be reduced to upload. When expanded on my 14 inch laptop screen they are very clear!

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 5.25.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 5.27.30 PM.png
Wow, nice. That's certainly the standard I would expect from todays cameras. I've been searching online for the best prices for OEM accessories. $343 is the best I've found.

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
You're doing better than I am. I want a 4WD Xtracab that is not a total stripped down truck. The best Toyota has to offer is the SR5. ( I wish they still made the Off-Road with the small cab. )

I went in to my dealer and they have no idea when Toyota is actually going to send any. They went in to immediate sales mode trying to sell me used stuff that I don't want.

I have watched cars.com, cargurus, and autotrader daily for a few months. I've seen less than a half dozen (mostly on the east coast). It doesn't appear Toyota is even making them. The whole process is frustrating.

I've already resigned myself to the 2025 production year and hope things improve.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Good luck finding a hybrid that isn't already sold! My wife kept asking why am I waiting so long and just to get the none hybrid version of the OF I have on order.

Finally got the email Wednesday night that my truck made it across the border and has a possibility of being here next week.

Don't give up. If you aren't in a hurry you can find what you want! And with how expensive these things are definitely get what you want!

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
A lot of this is just the luck of the draw due to Toyota's strange distribution system. If they happen to send your choice of trim/color/powertrain to a dealer(s) you work with and you are first in line, you win. If that doesn't happen for a long time, you lose. Pretty much a crap shoot from what I can tell.

I put a deposit on a TRD Pro on 4/29/24, without a lot of hope of getting one anytime soon. The dealer is in a small town in rural Virginia and I am totally committed to buying from them. The mountains are Taco country and my dealer does sell a good number of Tacomas, but it is not in a big city with crazy money to waste on toys. So I assumed that it could be a while before they got a Pro allocation, and in my choice of color.

But then the miracle happened and an allocation for what I wanted came to them, the build week is two weeks from now and I am set. I told my sales person that I knew what I wanted and was willing wait to get it. She said the Pro would be hardest trim to get, so that was good.

If you absolutely have to buy soon then buy what you can find, but I agree with @Tanrmt09 that these trucks cost too much to not get what you want. It is a lot easier today to work with dealers outside of your area, but still a PITA from my perspective, but also increases your odds of getting your truck.

Good Luck!

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Senior Chief, I'm not quite sure I understand all of what you want in a truck, but, I have a link to a n online spreadsheet that is updated daily. On this, there are apparently about 468 Blue Tundra hybrid's (2024) available nationwide. What their status is (factory, in transit, or in showroom) I cannot tell without going to each dealership website.

https://flatgithub.com/kissmygritts...b884e451e&sort=name,asc&stickyColumnName=name

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Senior Chief, I'm not quite sure I understand all of what you want in a truck, but, I have a link to a n online spreadsheet that is updated daily. On this, there are apparently about 468 Blue Tundra hybrid's (2024) available nationwide. What their status is (factory, in transit, or in showroom) I cannot tell without going to each dealership website.

https://flatgithub.com/kissmygritts/flatdata-vehicle-inventory?filename=data/toyota-inventory.csv&filters=vehicle=tundra&color=blue&engine=i-FORCE%20MAX%20V6%20Hybrid%20Engine&sha=95ea577c0a1c28cc08c8058570c05eeb884e451e&sort=name,asc&stickyColumnName=name
Thanks, but I already use that link. I wanted a Tundra but was shot down. "Too big" she said. In reality, I do not need the capability a Tundra offers but I still have a need for a truck.

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Ah, I see! I just recently (3 weeks ago) took possession of a blue Tacoma TRD Sport with the premium package and some extras. I had a broker locate the truck for me which saved me much frustration. As I was pretty specific on what I absolutely had to have, I had to wait about 3 months for the vehicle to make it from the factory to a local dealer. Going with a broker MAY give you more desired results!

2024 Tacoma Finally secured a Truck. But first a rant... Taco 2.JPG

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
This was the most bizarre process. I had very specific and very clear requirements. I tried to be clear in my communication: contact me only if you find a truck that meets this.

Either dealers are unable or unwilling to do this, and instead would prefer to waste their time spamming people with trucks they were never going to buy. It seems like this would be a fairly straightforward automated process. When allocation list arrives, cross match what is on allocation with customers who want specific models, then email or text the customer. Zero human intervention until the requirements are met.

And this never happened. I guess dealers like wasting their own time.
I drove an hour and a half to buy my taco after dealing with my local dealer, who I had bought two tacos from before. They just would not let me pick out in incoming truck. Kept telling me they would send me the info and then refuse. I finally got fed up and called Hendricks in North Charleston and made a deal within an hour.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove an hour and a half to buy my taco after dealing with my local dealer, who I had bought two tacos from before. They just would not let me pick out in incoming truck. Kept telling me they would send me the info and then refuse. I finally got fed up and called Hendricks in North Charleston and made a deal within an hour.
I get it. When I bought my current Tundra, I said I wanted a sun roof. My local dealer refused to work with me and offered to send one of their on the lot trucks to Boston to have a third-party sunroof installed for $1800 (OEM was $780). That made it clear they didn't want my business. Went to another dealer, they searched and said "There are 16 Tundra's in New England with a sunroof, 15 are black and one is white." A week after I purchased the truck the salesman emailed me to see If I was still interested. I replied congratulating he and his sales manager for earning their Clown School certificates and told them I look forward to giving your service department all my warranty work. Which I did.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I get it. When I bought my current Tundra, I said I wanted a sun roof. My local dealer refused to work with me and offered to send one of their on the lot trucks to Boston to have a third-party sunroof installed for $1800 (OEM was $780). That made it clear they didn't want my business. Went to another dealer, they searched and said "There are 16 Tundra's in New England with a sunroof, 15 are black and one is white." A week after I purchased the truck the salesman emailed me to see If I was still interested. I replied congratulating he and his sales manager for earning their Clown School certificates and told them I look forward to giving your service department all my warranty work. Which I did.
lol. The dealer I passed on called me the other week telling me they had tons of Tacomas and that I should come on down and buy another. Hahaha. They clearly don’t listen because I told them I’d never buy another vehicle from them. Low balled me on my trade and were just total dickheads to deal with. Hendricks was awesome, did the whole deal on the phone and drove up two days later to pick it up. Zero problems and everything I asked for was done.

Wayne B

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Long bed
I've had similar frustrations securing my white TRD Off Road long bed. I originally wanted a hybrid and of course found a late that the Off Road would notcome in a 6ft bed. I switched gears and started to look around for the non hybrid. I passed one up already at my dealer, Stevinson Toyota West in Golden Co. I found the exact truck but had to drive from Denver Co to Powell WY to buy. I got $2000 of MSRP.

I found out last month the hybrid I wanted was shipping. Got s call it will be here tomorrow if I want it. I'm going to go drive it and still have first choice if I do want to buy it. Probably not!

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)