Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Hello there.

I’ve always had summer and winter tires for my vehicles. With my new truck it’s the first time I have had dedicated rims for each set.

As such I plan on swapping out my tires myself go forward. So I’m in the market for a good floor jack. I’m looking for some advice as there seem to be a number of options out there.

Main questions would be 2 vs 3 ton capacity and max lift height. I’m guessing for just changing tires a 2 ton jack would be sufficient but a little worried about the max lift height on most of them. So might go with a 3 ton to be safe.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I have a 2-ton Arcan that just barely gets high enough to get the wheels off the ground, when jacking from the frame. It's a low profile model that I use for my other car, was one of the few jacks that would get underneath it as it sits pretty low to the ground.

I did have to buy larger jack stands though, my 3-ton ones didn't go high enough. I ended up with some 6-ton ones from Harbor Freight that did the trick.

For a floor jack, to make it a bit easier if you're close, I just throw a hockey puck between the jack and the frame. Given you're from Calgary, I'm sure you must have tons of those laying around :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Howdy. As an update I went with a 3 ton 21” extension Torin Blackjack. Comes with a removable extension so it should also work on my daughter’s Forte as well.

Good deal on Amazon ($125) and checked out reviews on the google machine. I’ll be changing to winters in a couple of weeks. I’ll post my impressions if anyone is interested.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Hello there.

I’ve always had summer and winter tires for my vehicles. With my new truck it’s the first time I have had dedicated rims for each set.

As such I plan on swapping out my tires myself go forward. So I’m in the market for a good floor jack. I’m looking for some advice as there seem to be a number of options out there.

Main questions would be 2 vs 3 ton capacity and max lift height. I’m guessing for just changing tires a 2 ton jack would be sufficient but a little worried about the max lift height on most of them. So might go with a 3 ton to be safe.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I don't mean to change the subject here..but I'm going with winter wheels and tires too. Did you install tpms sensors in your winter wheels? It seems these new truck can support 2 sets on sensors.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I don't mean to change the subject here..but I'm going with winter wheels and tires too. Did you install tpms sensors in your winter wheels? It seems these new truck can support 2 sets on sensors.
I’m keeping my winters on the OEM rims with the OEM tpms sensors.

I bought new TRD black rims and toyota tpms sensors for the summers.

I don’t know yet but I think the programming between the sensors can be done in the dash screens.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I’m keeping my winters on the OEM rims with the OEM tpms sensors.

I bought new TRD black rims and toyota tpms sensors for the summers.

I don’t know yet but I think the programming between the sensors can be done in the dash screens.
I bought a set of used oem Off Road wheels for my Sport for winter. Also bought a set of oem sensors last week. I'll know in another 5-6 weeks how easy it is to set up the new sensors.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I bought a set of used oem Off Road wheels for my Sport for winter. Also bought a set of oem sensors last week. I'll know in another 5-6 weeks how easy it is to set up the new sensors.
if you remember let us know