Sponsored

Gulf States Toyota - ripoff?

HardShellTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD extra cab, MT
It’s nothing short of infuriating. Add to this that they do zero for you when you have an actual issue with your truck or when you want to do meaningful maintenance but try to replace your air filter for $60 every time you even drive by their service department.
I just want to be clear I'm talking about Gulf States Toyota, the regional distributor, not a specific dealership. On the sticker, Gulf States add-ons will be listed as PIO (port-installed options) and the dealers add-ons will be under DIO (dealer-installed options).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
…you signed all documents, loan papers and drove off the lot…
...and im thinking you were so overwhelmed, perhaps the dealership “got you financed ,when others coludnt ?
....or this is a big “ pitty party “ of buyers remorse and youll default on loan
Well, I do not feel like any of this is on point to be honest.

I needed a truck for business, got in a bit of a tight, searched dealers within 150 miles of my house, found one that most closely matched my needs, bought it, as in wrote them a check, left in it, and haven't had any remorse really.

As for the "Tacoma trend" I'm not sure how to address that one. I began working out of a Toyota pickup in 1995, and have worked solely from Toyota pickups (mostly Tacomas) ever since, so I don't see that as 'latching on to a trend'... though possibly contributing to a trend I suppose.

I wish we had a different President, and I wish we had better options to buy Toyotas, which is where this began. "I think it's a ripoff that a 5-state distributor dictates which options get attached to dealer's inventory." You do not. That is fine.

I own 6 Toyotas currently, mostly business vehicles, So I suppose I am a loyal customer to the brand.

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
I just want to be clear I'm talking about Gulf States Toyota, the regional distributor, not a specific dealership. On the sticker, Gulf States add-ons will be listed as PIO (port-installed options) and the dealers add-ons will be under DIO (dealer-installed options).
Yeah, I don't think some folks get what the discussion is about. I think you do.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Most dealers are loading them up with garbage! Mine had OU, SDM, and 1 PIO black badge overlays $175. SDM is difficult to find and at the time most had MT, and the few were loaded 2K plus PIO garbage. Picked it up at about 3250 under SRP but saved an additional 2-3k of add on garbage. Let Jim know what you want and let him do the leg work for you! Looks like discounts are getting much better!

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...-2024-tacomas-💵-purchase-leasing.2039/page-15
Sponsored