Sponsored

Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger)

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Went to a local shop. He did the cut and re-welded the hanger.

In and out 20 mins later. $40

IMG_4448.jpeg
Any chance you got a before and after video to hear a difference? Could you take an after to compare to stock if not?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Any chance you got a before and after video to hear a difference? Could you take an after to compare to stock if not?
I don’t have a video but sounds the same.

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
Nice! I ended up going with the NYTOP one. I was hesitant with the price but there was a 20% off sale that made it palatable and I didn't want to wait for the OEM one (which also apparently doesn't have the hanger).

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have a sliding rear window that I like to open when the weather is cool. I crack my driver window and get a nice flow through the cab. No exhaust smell at all. Would this mod tend to bring exhaust into the cab with what I do with the windows?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
I did the same as Duce95. Went to a local muffler shop and had the original exhaust cut, flipped up side down and re-welded the hanger bracket to accommodate the original rubber hanger. I paid $50, I think it was well worth it.

Cut measurements:
From flange to inner cut is 7.5 inches.
From flange to outer cut is 12 inches.
(I pushed the tape measure against the pipe and followed the tube curve to get accurate readings, this way you’re able to mark with a sharpie and begin cutting.
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4779
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4791
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4782
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4790
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4789
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4792
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4793
2024 Tacoma Had the off-road exhaust pipe made from stock (cut and re-welded hanger) IMG_4797

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Do you get exhaust gases in the cab with the windows open?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
Do you get exhaust gases in the cab with the windows open?
None what so over. I drove highway and tested idling with windows down and nothing. The only thing I haven’t tested is with the rear sliding window open.

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
I did the same as Duce95. Went to a local muffler shop and had the original exhaust cut, flipped up side down and re-welded the hanger bracket to accommodate the original rubber hanger. I paid $50, I think it was well worth it.

Cut measurements:
From flange to inner cut is 7.5 inches.
From flange to outer cut is 12 inches.
(I pushed the tape measure against the pipe and followed the tube curve to get accurate readings, this way you’re able to mark with a sharpie and begin cutting.
IMG_4779.jpeg
IMG_4791.jpeg
IMG_4782.jpeg
IMG_4790.jpeg
IMG_4789.jpeg
IMG_4792.jpeg
IMG_4793.jpeg
IMG_4797.jpeg
I want to trim mine up some. Too much foreskin on mine. Thank you for posting photos. Looks perfect and only $50!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm curious you say it sounds the same, I'd expect more drone and less favorable noises getting rid of the resonator. I disconnected the resonator the other day to see how it would sound and it just sounded like it had an exhaust leak to me, definitely wasn't in favour of going with an axle dump anymore. Maybe the exhaust hitting off the ground will make a difference? Idk. I'm personally nervous, would love for someone to do a video.
Sponsored