Help with suspension

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I looking for some help on my 2024 Tacoma Sport. When buying the Sport trim model it was explained to me that the sport is just a glorified SR5 with some fancy sporty looking bits. But 5000 miles in, this truck is bouncing me to death. It can be super smooth at times but it's the worst on cement highways where the cement sections are not flush with each other. It's to the point where it makes my stomach queasy the truck bounces so much. Some times changing lanes will help, but not every time. So it seems my truck has a sport tuned suspension? Would just changing out the shocks from a SR5 or OF change the ride quality? I freaking love this truck, but I need to settle it down a bit.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have never driven a Sport but several people have commented on their rough ride. I am guessing that a trim more off road oriented would be smoother.

I do think you can fix it with some suspension upgrades, and hopefully someone will be able to provide more specific information.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I test drove a sport - it was too stiff for my liking.

Suspension change would give the most improvement but i noticed that switching out the s#t tires helped ride quality too. I got taller c rated AT tires. 265/70 R18 Wildpeaks

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The sport has a different suspension than an SR5, and more options. It is a tighter suspension, hence the "sport" moniker. Check your tire pressure and make sure it matches what's on the door. They overinflate the tires for the train/truck rides and some dealers don't bother to air them down. I made sure to have my dealer do that. It's not just Toyota, it's every new truck I've purchased. Overinflated tires will make you bounce around like crazy.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
whats your tire pressure at?

Sponsored

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
You could change the shocks out for a set from an SR5 or an Off Road. As others have said, check your air pressures. Mine were overfilled. I lowered the front to 30psi and rear to 28psi. Rides much better now.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
32 pounds all around. I also changed out the tires for Falken Wildpeaks but they had no change to the bounce.
What load rating? Hopefully SL rated. I changed my factory tires out for Falken Wildpeaks in 285/70R17 SL and to me they ride stiffer than the original tires my off road came with. Not a lot worse, but definitely just a little bit more stiff over small chatter and bumps.

OP
OP
wutheck

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
What load rating? Hopefully SL rated. I changed my factory tires out for Falken Wildpeaks in 285/70R17 SL and to me they ride stiffer than the original tires my off road came with. Not a lot worse, but definitely just a little bit more stiff over small chatter and bumps.
Yes they are SL rated.