Sponsored

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Ended up scooping a TRD Pro Grill for a bargain and was working on getting a bracket designed to mount my lightbar.

I think the Rave guys also were working on a bracket for the Heretic to the grill but I was impatient, lol. Few tries with the good ole calipers and she's dialed in.

Seems like a great fit. Off to sendcutsend to get these lasered in some mild steel. Hope to have it mounted on the truck in a week or two. For anyone interested, not sure what other options are really out there, but the Heretic literally is a perfect fit since the brackets mount from the rear rather than sides.

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240725_003203967

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240725_003130083

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240725_003134890
Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Just ordered the Rave kit with the Diode Dynamics. I'll be super curious how Rave either fills in the gaps on the side, or how it looks with the DD 18" bar. Felt worth it to pay a little extra to them and get the mounting brackets and camera adjustment bracket as part of a package than sort them out on my own.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Just ordered the Rave kit with the Diode Dynamics. I'll be super curious how Rave either fills in the gaps on the side, or how it looks with the DD 18" bar. Felt worth it to pay a little extra to them and get the mounting brackets and camera adjustment bracket as part of a package than sort them out on my own.
Was tempted to go this route as well, but scooped the Heretic bar up for only $240, and the grill for sub $300, shipped.

For simple brackets, sendcutsend is a godsend. Got em black zinc'd as well for only $10 a pop total. $40 min though so I picked up an extra set, probably will sell those extra brackets here for what I paid if anyone is interested.

As far as the camera bracket, I'm fairly certain that it's just a slight change in the angle, everything else is identical. Their 3D printed version looks pretty much the same as the OE one, albeit with that diff angle. Once I pull the grill off I'll just measure out the OE bracket and print a new one for the Heritage grill. Happy to share the file here once it's done for everyone for those that want to DIY it.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Here's the bracket for anyone that wants to swap their OE lightbar or installing a fresh heritage grill with the Heretic bar.

As I said, I have an extra set of steel ones being made that I'd be happy to part with (no pun intended) if anyone wants them. Probably will have them in a week or so.

But feel free to print/cut these. Maybe they'd hold up if you use some PA-CF hybrid filament as it's quite strong, but for the cost, I figured I'd just get them lasered out of 12ga steel. I made my test set out of ABS, since I've got a ton of it laying around.

Hereby releasing this bracket under CC-BY 4.0. Have at it :)

Will post the camera bracket STEP file here once I'm done with it as well.

Attachments

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
My limited won't be here until September. Curious as to how the that grill will look.

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Gurvy522 - How'd you complete the wiring on the Limited? Did you find aux runs already in place? Or what did you need to do in order to finish the wiring portion of the install?

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
@Gurvy522 - How'd you complete the wiring on the Limited? Did you find aux runs already in place? Or what did you need to do in order to finish the wiring portion of the install?
I haven't decided 100% on the run itself yet - but standard install, relay with an OEM-style switch where the switch panel to the left of the wheel is. Hardwired to the battery.

I was trying to figure out if there was some preexisting wiring I could use but I honestly don't think there is, at least for the front of the vehicle.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know how you sort it out.

Wishful thinking was that the harness with the extra aux runs was there, and they simply skimped on having the factory buttons in the cab.
(no clue why Cali wants $17 for their switch and Rave wants $45 for theirs!... haven't located the OEM # yet for when it's included on the TH or PRO)

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Personally, when I get the grille and a light bar, I plan to use a relay to have it switch on when the fogs are on. That's what makes the most sense to me. Plus I don't want to use one of the Aux switches for it.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Let us know how you sort it out.

Wishful thinking was that the harness with the extra aux runs was there, and they simply skimped on having the factory buttons in the cab.
(no clue why Cali wants $17 for their switch and Rave wants $45 for theirs!... haven't located the OEM # yet for when it's included on the TH or PRO)
Nah, definitely not, the relays aren't there, but they're shown on the fuse panel diagram. That was the first thing I checked, lol!

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, when I get the grille and a light bar, I plan to use a relay to have it switch on when the fogs are on. That's what makes the most sense to me. Plus I don't want to use one of the Aux switches for it.
Similar to my line of thinking. I was figuring I would need to wire as a separate control switch, but I would get the same desired effect if there was a factory connection pigtail where I could jumper it from the fog light circuits. I plan to swap out the white fogs with amber Diode Dynamic ones, and put in the amber combo Diode Dynamic 18" light bar. Since I'm focused on-road and Heretic isn't technically street legal, my intent is that I have my high beams when I want lots of white light, and I can flip on the fogs+amber light bar when I want better bad-weather lighting.

Just don't know whether that would overload the circuit, require no changes, or require a bumped up fuse.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Cam bracket design is almost complete. Just need to get the cutouts for the alignment pins made and we should be set.

Unfortunately, the Limited cam bracket is a lot different than the TRD OR/Sport bracket. So it took a lot more tries to get the angle and screw pattern dialed in.

Hope to have a final release of the bracket in a day or two.

Progress pics :

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240807_155148607
2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240807_155159053

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Managed to get the final revision of the camera bracket done and printed in ABS. Came out great and seems to be a perfect fit.

I got everything reinstalled and also swapped my lower bumper trim from chrome to black plastic. The piece of black trim I purchased also came with new black sensors to match the trim (as the ones that come with the chrome trim are silver) -- and apparently, they need to be calibrated to work. Hopefully there's a way to do this without a trip to the dealership......

But nonetheless, here she is, de-chromed with the black trim, TRD Pro Heritage grill, and the Heretic 20" lightbar. This was a fun project to DIY down to making all of the brackets and whatnot. I still need to the get the lightbar wired, just taped up the DT connector for now and will get around to it sometime this week.

Really happy with the result. As promised, releasing the camera bracket STEP file for free (CC-BY 4.0) here for anyone that has a 3D printer that wants to print it themselves. Print it face down and use supports for the overhangs.

Rather than asking for tips, I'll shamelessly plug a fantastic foundation that helps disabled vets - The Gary Sinise Foundation. Consider donating a few bucks to them if you print and find this camera bracket useful :)

https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/

Also happy to print brackets for people that don't have a printer - just DM if interested.

ABS Camera Bracket with alignment holes :

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240807_194337455.MP

Naked and afraid :

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240807_210413909.MP

All done :

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240807_213329505

Attachments