Tacotee

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
Yes, I enquired the insulation is almost $500 and the fasteners are sold individually 😳
Holy crap Li
My TRD Sport 4x4 with Sport upgrade+ 14" screen and moon roof does NOT have it. Salesman researched it via my VIN and advised that the factory primarily only includes the insulation on Premium models.
It's like $474.00 from Toyota. I spent $41.00 on butylene heat/sound deadening sheets from Amazon and installed in to the underside. Seriously reflects the heat, deadens the vibration and some engine noise.

Screenshot_20240725-193212.png
did you use any clips or just used the adhesive?
Sponsored

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Holy crap Li

did you use any clips or just used the adhesive?
Nope. The insulation sheets are crazy sticky. They are designed with a raised honeycomb-like pattern embossed onto the foil. After cutting the sheets with scissors (if you desire, they will stick on top of each other) you use a small roller (one small and one larger rollers on Amazon for cheap) to press the sheet onto the surface metal. As you roll it, the honeycomb pattern flattens and gives you a visual reference to make sure it's all pressed. The material can be pressed into all of the nooks and crannies. I wiped the underside of the hood with rubbing alcohol before installing it.
I live in Florida. It's in the 90°s everyday and my truck is the Underground color and it is still sticking perfectly.
I response to the other posters that said he chose not to do either, to each his own, but my local Toyota/Lexus guy said he would be concerned about the engines long-term heat effect on the hood paint, if there was no insulation of any kind. He has seen what I did and commented that it provides way more protection than the factory piece. The pictured box of 18 is more than you need to cover ALL of the hoods underside btw.

2024 Tacoma Hood insulation Screenshot_20240726-064142

OP
OP
Tacotee

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
Nope. The insulation sheets are crazy sticky. They are designed with a raised honeycomb-like pattern embossed onto the foil. After cutting the sheets with scissors (if you desire, they will stick on top of each other) you use a small roller (one small and one larger rollers on Amazon for cheap) to press the sheet onto the surface metal. As you roll it, the honeycomb pattern flattens and gives you a visual reference to make sure it's all pressed. The material can be pressed into all of the nooks and crannies. I wiped the underside of the hood with rubbing alcohol before installing it.
I live in Florida. It's in the 90°s everyday and my truck is the Underground color and it is still sticking perfectly.
I response to the other posters that said he chose not to do either, to each his own, but my local Toyota/Lexus guy said he would be concerned about the engines long-term heat effect on the hood paint, if there was no insulation of any kind. He has seen what I did and commented that it provides way more protection than the factory piece. The pictured box of 18 is more than you need to cover ALL of the hoods underside btw.

Screenshot_20240726-064142.png
Thanks a lot appreciate it

OP
OP
Tacotee

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport

Screenshot_20240726-064142.png
Can you send a picture of what it looks like

Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
What do you get from doing this? Just a little more quite?

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I wouldn’t spend the money on the oem insulation blanket, it’s a truck and I personally love the sound of the engine and the ticking from the d4s, makes me happy to know we have dual injection and won’t have carbon build up like literally every other manufacture engines.

BOBC61

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD SPORT 4X4 DBL CAB BRONZE OXIDE PREMIUM
mine has the factory one in i
Sponsored