Sponsored

How to turn engine off and keep radio on

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the engine and keep the radio on?
My 1st gen could do it.

When I push the power button everything shuts off. I don't have an automatic where I can leave it in N and turn it off to keep the radio on which worked in my 3rd gen.

(The search function sucks here, I can't find anything remotely related to this. )
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Put it in neutral, push the start/stop button.

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Like accessory mode? Just don't fully start the truck. Press the start button without pressing on the brake or in your case don't touch the clutch.

OP
OP
hemlockz

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Like accessory mode? Just don't fully start the truck. Press the start button without pressing on the brake or in your case don't touch the clutch.
No not from off to accessory mode, I mean like you're driving and get to your destination and park, and want to keep listening to the radio to finish a song or something but not while idling. So going from engine on to accessory mode.

I don't have Park or Netural, just in or out of gear. It makes no difference if I'm in or out of gear when i turn it off.

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
No not from off to accessory mode, I mean like you're driving and get to your destination and park, and want to keep listening to the radio to finish a song or something but not while idling. So going from engine on to accessory mode.

I don't have Park or Netural, just in or out of gear. It makes no difference if I'm in or out of gear when i turn it off.
Yea I don't know, all of my manual vehicles had physical keys where you could easily turn it to keep the radio on. Why not turn it off then from off go back to accessory? One extra button push but it seems it reaches the same outcome.

Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
There is a way. It's in the screens. It's called ACC Customize I think. You have to turn it off, or maybe on... I can't remember but do the opposite of what it is. Mine stays on now.

OP
OP
hemlockz

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Why not turn it off then from off go back to accessory? One extra button push but it seems it reaches the same outcome.
Right, i do that but it takes like 5-10 second to 'reboot' the multimedia system (aka radio) and beeps and all that crap.

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Right, i do that but it takes like 5-10 second to 'reboot' the multimedia system (aka radio) and beeps and all that crap.
That is right, didn't even think about the reboot. Well hopefully you find a better solution.

OP
OP
hemlockz

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
There is a way. It's in the screens. It's called ACC Customize I think. You have to turn it off, or maybe on... I can't remember but do the opposite of what it is. Mine stays on now.
Yesss! Thanks it worked! Now it stays on until I open a door. Wonderful!

2024 Tacoma How to turn engine off and keep radio on IMG_0040
Sponsored