How to turn engine off and keep radio on

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yes,it worked. I pushed the button until the green was gone. Thanks!!
This was great information and when I first received the vehicle I do remember accessing the screen shown and changing door locks . Now this is what I see. I’m assuming it’s because I let my trial Toyota connectivity App laps.
I wonder if the dealer can access and change ACC Customization?

2024 Tacoma How to turn engine off and keep radio on IMG_7087
Sponsored

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
This was great information and when I first received the vehicle I do remember accessing the screen shown and changing door locks . Now this is what I see. I’m assuming it’s because I let my trial Toyota connectivity App laps.

IMG_7087.jpeg
The first couple of weeks I owned my truck back in April.. the screen was blank as well.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport

IMG_7087.jpeg
Thinking more about this I went back out and started the truck and was able to see all the customization options and turn off AC Customize. Radio stays on and blue tooth available when the engine is shut off!! Thanks guys 😊

HoptownBob

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Thinking more about this I went back out and started the truck and was able to see all the customization options and turn off AC Customize. Radio stays on and blue tooth available when the engine is shut off!! Thanks guys 😊
Good deal, glad it wasn’t because your app expired!

Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
I did the same thing. The truck had to be running for me to get the options to show up.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Good deal, glad it wasn’t because your app expired!
I went into the vehicle Toyota APP and looked under “manage subscriptions” and found the connectivity subscription is good for 12 months. That sent me back to try making the change with truck running.

far more technically challenging than my Gen 2 !!!

2024 Tacoma How to turn engine off and keep radio on IMG_7088

Bill Allman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024Tacoma TRD Off-Road, 2019 Tacoma SR5, 2007 4Runner SR5
No not from off to accessory mode, I mean like you're driving and get to your destination and park, and want to keep listening to the radio to finish a song or something but not while idling. So going from engine on to accessory mode.

I don't have Park or Netural, just in or out of gear. It makes no difference if I'm in or out of gear when i turn it off.
I really hate this aspect of the new Toyotas. I love getting to a place shutting the vehicle off and listening to the rest of the song. My workaround is this : after I park, I keep my foot on the brake, I shift into reverse and then I turn the truck off. The accessories stay on I shift it back into park and the radio stays on for a good 10 minutes.
Sponsored