Sponsored

Hybrid allocations and delivery, VIN?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Just heard from one Salesman that the first TH has arrived in Maine. Pre-sold of course.
I asked, "Are you taking deposits" and "How many are pre-sold?" Still waiting for that answer.
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I have a temp VIN for a Trailhunter. Was told possibly July delivery. Underground, short box. Not happy with some of the Port Installed Options. The salesman said sometimes they can tell Toyota they don't want them to be added. If not I guess I'll have to try and sell them.
I asked one person I'm working with about this. He said PIO's are mandated by Toyota because it's already on the sticker. The ports just install those pieces.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I have a temp VIN for a Trailhunter. Was told possibly July delivery. Underground, short box. Not happy with some of the Port Installed Options. The salesman said sometimes they can tell Toyota they don't want them to be added. If not I guess I'll have to try and sell them.
What port options were added?

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked one person I'm working with about this. He said PIO's are mandated by Toyota because it's already on the sticker. The ports just install those pieces.
they’re lying to you

PIO can definitely be requested to be added to or removed from.

toyota might not do it, but they def can request it

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
This is what I find annoying. Some dealers are starting to see allocations but most plead ignorance (Like the ones I'm dealing with). I don't believe for second that most Sales Managers don't have a clue. They know. They're just not saying.
Just heard from one Salesman that the first TH has arrived in Maine. Pre-sold of course.
I asked, "Are you taking deposits" and "How many are pre-sold?" Still waiting for that answer.
Yup, I'm done with that nonsense. Back in 2019 when they announced the 2020 Army Green TRD Pro color, it was the same song and dance then. Then covid fun times happened. They're all on my shitlist and will never do business with them.

I'm waiting until the dust settles. Plenty of MSRP dealers out there, you just have to be willing to travel.

Sponsored

SaltySam

First Name
Samuel Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma off-road and 2023 civic type r
My Trailhunter’s only PIOs are door edge guards and a bed mat. FIO is only mud-flaps. Total is $415.00 of extras. I’d say that’s not too bad

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Trailhunter’s only PIOs are door edge guards and a bed mat. FIO is only mud-flaps. Total is $415.00 of extras. I’d say that’s not too bad
You are lucky af and I will be denying any TH that has a spray bedliner or damn body moldings.

Jealous of you both. Waiting on an underground shortbed allocation myself

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
The roof rack, body moldings, ppf on the front bumper and spray in bedliner.
I just know Gulf States Toyota is going to install the spray in bedliner on all the trucks they get. Dealers here in North Texas are reluctant to change their allocations with GST even before they're installed.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I got a VIN for my Trailhunter. Build date May 14. Expecting early June delivery.
So much for this comment... Got an update today saying "they're backed up."

No ETA.

2024 Tacoma Hybrid allocations and delivery, VIN? 1717530834325

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Total lie. My sales rep and the sales manager there let me cherry pick the entire list of FIO, PIO, and DIO listed on the temporary window sticker. They said it all comes down to the dealer wanting to work with the customer (experience/relationship vs. margin) and where the vehicle is within the build process (pre-build = anything, pre-ship = any PIO, post-ship = dealer discretion since they'll end up with any deletes as their personal parts inventory).

I think I ended up deleting a few thousands dollars in PIOs that I didn't care for. then the factory force deleted two I did want (parts shortage).

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Total lie. My sales rep and the sales manager there let me cherry pick the entire list of FIO, PIO, and DIO listed on the temporary window sticker. They said it all comes down to the dealer wanting to work with the customer (experience/relationship vs. margin) and where the vehicle is within the build process (pre-build = anything, pre-ship = any PIO, post-ship = dealer discretion since they'll end up with any deletes as their personal parts inventory).

I think I ended up deleting a few thousands dollars in PIOs that I didn't care for. then the factory force deleted two I did want (parts shortage).
I guess you got lucky.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
The process hasn't ended for me, but so far Jen and Buddy at Wolfchase Toyota in TN have been stellar to work with. And that's as an out-of-state buyer having the vehicle shipped to me (effectively buying and transporting sight unseen)

Wolfchase Toyota
2201 North Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
Sponsored