Sponsored

I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Wasn't my intention to offend anyone... Orange was my first choice for a Tacoma, too, but it's not available on a Limited trim. I was sort of okay with either blue or red, but only because there was nothing better.
Loving the Eruption Green on a Maverick though.
Hahaha, that was mostly tounge in cheek.

Sorry you're getting a rough ride around here. Enjoy the Maverick, they're a great vehicle no matter what the naysayers think.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Subaru Legacy, Honda Element EX AWD
Sorry you're getting a rough ride around here. Enjoy the Maverick, they're a great vehicle no matter what the naysayers think.
I am a big boy and will not be traumatized for life :)
I just don't get why people get so defensive and even aggressive. Oh well...

Have a great weekend.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I agree with the dude that said you have to go out and do your own work to find what you want, instead of waiting on Toyota to magically make your truck, when there is no ordering system.

My wife's RAV's transmission went out unexpectedly so we had to get a new vehicle. This was in May, right when the Tacoma were especially hard to find.

What did I do? For a solid week I researched and found the truck I wanted, that was in stock, which was no easy task.

Drove 8 hours one way to buy it and pick it up.

So what I getting at is, maybe try and find the truck you want instead of coming onto a forum and announcing that Toyota hasn't made your truck, when Toyota isn't going to make your specific truck.

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
That's exactly what I need. Not a bulky heavy truck that spends power on hauling its own battery. I don't do offroading, I don't tow huge trailers. A small unibody pickup is ideal for me.
But no, Santa Cruz has no hybrid + AWD combination.
So, why did you feel the need to order the toyota in first place

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, why did you feel the need to order the toyota in first place
I already explained (twice), but I get it, people won't read the entire conversation (I wouldn't). So to recap...

I wanted a small pickup truck that is an AWD hybrid.

Went on a Ford website to order a Maverick, but to my huge disappontment, I had to either choose a hybrid FWD or a non-hybrid AWD.

Then I started searching for alternatives, and the only one available was a Tacoma. Not quite what I wanted, but there was nothing else. Now, there finally is an AWD hybrid Maverick (the 2025 model) - exactly what I wanted from the beginning.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nailed it.
You can't just let it go, can you? šŸ˜

Okay, I'll bite. Why are you so bitter? Buyer's remorse? Should have waited for a Maverick? šŸ’

See, I was trying to have a civilized conversation, but you can't help it but fume all the time. What is your problem?

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
That, and also to point out that Toyota has lost me as a customer party because of terrible ordering experience. Maybe someone at Toyota pays attention.

And also to let other people like myself, who wanted a small hybrid + AWD unibody pickup truck but had to settle for an overpriced, bulky, plagued with reliability issues Tacoma, know that finally, they have options now.
I also donā€™t get it, itā€™s clear you wanted a Tacoma from the beginning, but because youā€˜ve been waiting too long, you are settling for a maverick, and your looking for other Tacoma owners approval?

Letā€™s help you out

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Pretty much nobody x shops a maverick vs Tacoma if he talked Ranger I get it.. Clearly a troll looking for attention. Zero contribution to Tacoma 4G, other than entertainment šŸ¤£
i never crossed shopped my Tacoma with a Maverick, I did look at Ranger and Colorado/canyon. One would think someone cross shopping a maverick would have landed on a Santa Cruz ā€¦ or maybe a ridgeline

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
1. Glad you found a vehicle you are happy with. I wish you the best with it.
2. I donā€™t think your 20k difference is real, at least Itā€™s not in California. Every 20-28k Maverick is marked up 20k, so price being about equal, I think the Tacoma is superior, not better, but superior because its much more capable.

My 2 cents is worthless, but as you said, this is a forum for discussing purchases.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t think your 20k difference is real, at least Itā€™s not in California.
I am in Minnesota. My Tacoma build MSRP was $62K, my Maverick is $42K. Exactly $20K difference before tax
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.