Sponsored

I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I am in Minnesota. My Tacoma build MSRP was $62K, my Maverick is $42K. Exactly $20K difference before tax
Whoa, both big spec vehicles. My msrp 496xx.xx TRD OR was 436xx.xx so I feel like getting the upgrade pack, a bed liner, and a few other goodies was a good deal considering inflation.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Subaru Legacy, Honda Element EX AWD
Whoa, both big spec vehicles. My msrp 496xx.xx TRD OR was 436xx.xx so I feel like getting the upgrade pack, a bed liner, and a few other goodies was a good deal considering inflation.
A Maverick Lariat has a spray-on bedliner as a standard feature. What I am not getting compared to a Limited Tacoma is cooled seats, heads-up display and a power liftgate. All of these I can live without.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
If you're not going offraod and don't haul stuff that looks like a decent choice. It would not suit my needs.

CVT right?

I don't agree with some of your concerns about the new tacoma but each to their own.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Subaru Legacy, Honda Element EX AWD
CVT right?
Technically, yes, but it's not a traditional "chain ofer two cones" CVT.

I don't have anything against a Tacoma, it's just it didn't work out for me. I wanted to fall in love with it, but Toyota ordering process killed the buzz for me. I hope you have a better experience with it .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I get it OP, I agree except on the colours part. I love my Solar Octane. And don’t mind the fan boi’s, most of them are cruising around the city with 5’ beds and criticizing a Maverick bed for being 4“ shorter 😂.
I got lucky, a dealer that worked with me and I got in on the second allocation. Happy with my truck, first time Toyota owner so we shall see if it holds up like my GM 1/2 tons. But super happy so far

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I don't have anything again a Tacoma, it's just it didn't work out for me.
Other considerations: people buy Toyotas for 3 main reasons:
  1. Reliability
  2. Reasonable pricing
  3. Fuel efficiency
All three are not applicable anymore.
Oops. LOL !
Hope you enjoy the maverick. A buddy has one and he loves it.

AnotherRandomWhiteGuy

First Name
Another
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2001
I waited, and waited, and waited... Now, I am calling it quits. Toyota purchasing (or rather non-purchasing) experience has been HORRIBLE. No direct ordering. I wanted a Limited Blue hybrid with grey interior, gave my configuration to a dealership, and almost one year later, there is nothing in the area, and no idea when and if it would become available.

2025 Ford Maverick is offering an AWD Hybrid, and a choice of exterior colors that are cool (unlike boring Toyota selection). I will be much happier with that, and will save on purchase price AND gas. Ford offers direct ordering - they build MY truck to MY specefication, provide VIN and ability to track MY order. And it seems to be more reliable, too.

You had your chance, Toyota, and you blew it.
If the Maverick is a better fit for you, why wouldn't you buy that? Comparing them is silly though. That Tacoma is a truck. The Maverick is a car with a little bed attached. I think both are great but they're very different and have very different capabilities. I hope you enjoy the Maverick! The miles per gallon is really good on those.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
That, and also to point out that Toyota has lost me as a customer party because of terrible ordering experience. Maybe someone at Toyota pays attention.

And also to let other people like myself, who wanted a small hybrid + AWD unibody pickup truck but had to settle for an overpriced, bulky, plagued with reliability issues Tacoma, know that finally, they have options now.
Just to let everyone know, the Maverick also has problems. Just look at the NHTSA site. Attention moderator: is trolling permitted? Asking for a friend…
Also, Insuggest that anyone considering a ford maverick look at the ford website, since this troll is misrepresenting what ford offers as options..
a 2.0 turbocharged engine has the AWD and a 4WD option…
The 2.5 hybrid is front wheel drive and has a CVT transmission, lol.
Interior color choices are black or brown accents. I look forward to not reading about your front wheel drive ranchero!

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR

Sponsored

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Hahaha, that was mostly tounge in cheek.

Sorry you're getting a rough ride around here. Enjoy the Maverick, they're a great vehicle no matter what the naysayers think.
Problem is that the OP is essentially advising 4g Tacoma purchasers that their vehicles are “plagued” with problems. So, yeah.. it helps to advise them of the NHTSA site that seems to show that the maverick also has some issues, but don’t let facts get in the way of insulting people on this forum.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Oh, thank you. Now we know. 😁

All cars have issues, but reliability ratings are based on how often they occur and how severe they are.
For instance, Consumer Reports rates hybrid Mavericks as "Well above average", whereas Tacomas have "Average" (two levels below Mavericks). I know it's very unusual for Toyotas, but it is what it is.

1726263066889-84.jpg

1726263131780-39.jpg
Predicted reliability, wow.. which engine option did you get? Did you research how
That's exactly what I need. Not a bulky heavy truck that spends power on hauling its own battery. I don't do offroading, I don't tow huge trailers. A small unibody pickup is ideal for me.
But no, Santa Cruz has no hybrid + AWD combination.
neither does the maverick… 2.0 turbo with AWD. Or “advanced 4WD” eight speed automatic trans or a 2.5 hybrid with a front wheel drive cvt trans. I added a screen shot from the ford website for transparency. I dot see the hybrid awd option, except on your posts

2024 Tacoma I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma. IMG_1213

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I agree with the dude that said you have to go out and do your own work to find what you want, instead of waiting on Toyota to magically make your truck, when there is no ordering system.

My wife's RAV's transmission went out unexpectedly so we had to get a new vehicle. This was in May, right when the Tacoma were especially hard to find.

What did I do? For a solid week I researched and found the truck I wanted, that was in stock, which was no easy task.

Drove 8 hours one way to buy it and pick it up.

So what I getting at is, maybe try and find the truck you want instead of coming onto a forum and announcing that Toyota hasn't made your truck, when Toyota isn't going to make your specific truck.
Neither is ford making the maverick he claims that he ordered. That is what makes this thread so entertaining. I sincerely doubt he even placed the order, otherwise he would have seen the same issue I noticed:
2.0 turbocharged gas engine/8 speed auto with AWD or “advanced 4WD”
Or
2.5 naturally aspirated hybrid in front wheel drive only.

Status
Not open for further replies.