Not open for further replies.

memofor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Do Not Buy this Truck. To anyone considering purchasing the 2024 Tacoma please consider that if your truck needs basic repairs or parts you may have to wait 3 to 6 months for the parts. On my personal 2024 Tacoma I was rear-ended with the tailgate down. The body shop needs the tailgate handle and the inner parts and they have an estimated delivery of September for the parts. The truck has currently been in the shop for 3 months (delivered to shop April 29) and they say they can't get the parts. Toyota is not making the parts available and will not be shipping parts to dealers and shops. I have called Toyota Corporation USA several times and they tell me "the parts are not available and they can not expedite parts delivery". From this buyers perspective it is evident that Toyota has all the parts to build new trucks in Mexico and is rolling them off the assembly line every day. But Toyota will not help the 2024 Tacoma owner once the truck is purchased. Buyer beware!
Sponsored

OP
OP

memofor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
The risk you run when buying a new generation vehicle. You should have thought about this before buying.
Lesson learned. Although, I'm car junky and buy new cars almost yearly and I've never had this experience before.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Sorry to hear the news but this has nothing to do with the Tacoma. It has everything to do with buying ANY and ALL manufacturers the first year they come out. Some people to this day have Tesla's in body shops for well over 6 months trying to get parts.

My suggestion next time is don't buy any model of any car the first 2 years minimum of the refresh.

Hope you get the parts sooner. Accidents suck.

Sponsored

BigBlahino

First Name
Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
Do Not Buy this Truck. To anyone considering purchasing the 2024 Tacoma please consider that if your truck needs basic repairs or parts you may have to wait 3 to 6 months for the parts. On my personal 2024 Tacoma I was rear-ended with the tailgate down. The body shop needs the tailgate handle and the inner parts and they have an estimated delivery of September for the parts. The truck has currently been in the shop for 3 months (delivered to shop April 29) and they say they can't get the parts. Toyota is not making the parts available and will not be shipping parts to dealers and shops. I have called Toyota Corporation USA several times and they tell me "the parts are not available and they can not expedite parts delivery". From this buyers perspective it is evident that Toyota has all the parts to build new trucks in Mexico and is rolling them off the assembly line every day. But Toyota will not help the 2024 Tacoma owner once the truck is purchased. Buyer beware!
Like the other commenters have said. This doesn't have anything to do with the tacoma but rather toyota themselves. The tacoma without a doubt is a super awesome truck but with it being a new year and a completely new redesign comes with its consequences. Hopefully you get it repaired soon!

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Lesson learned. Although, I'm car junky and buy new cars almost yearly and I've never had this experience before.
We assumed this was a risk from our last purchase 4 years ago already, our company fleet experience, general homework and stories from associates and their auto repair challenges.

I'm hoping you'll have this resolved soon and Toyota plus the whole industry do better.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Don’t forget Reddit and Facebook? You’ll get the same response there. (With any new model there will be a parts delay/lag) It would suck being in your situation. But I’d still recommend the 2024 Tacoma.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
You’ve not driven your Taco for 3 months because of rear tailgate parts? Just take the whole thing off. There’s tons of aftermarket options for net tailgates, etc. If this were me, I’d just drive it like that waiting for the proper parts.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
lol. Maybe don’t buy a first year production vehicle in the first few months it’s out. I’m at 9k miles in mine and don’t have any issues. Absolutely love this truck. Way better then the second or third gen I owned.

Sponsored

Nixamantacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
This is not just specific to Toyota.

I had similar issue with my 2022 Bronco. The tailgate was damaged in shipping and had to wait 2 months for a new one, since it was back ordered.

The rear fender was damaged, but they had those available to ship immediately.

I know it’s frustrating when you’re excited for your new truck, but you will be very happy when it’s ready.

I absolutely love this Tacoma Sport!!!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I mean it's the first year of a new generation in which they only now starting to roll out hybrids, soooo yeah? 🤣 Should be expected before purchasing. It's a crappy scenerio but it's not limited to the 2024 Tacoma's, it's with anything new.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Don’t forget Reddit and Facebook? You’ll get the same response there. (With any new model there will be a parts delay/lag) It would suck being in your situation. But I’d still recommend the 2024 Tacoma.
Reddit and Facebook is where TacoNation lurks. They'll have a completely different outlook on it just solely so they can đź’© on the newer generation before they buy one next year and claim it's the best thing sense sliced bread.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
A little over the top with that title, since this applies to almost any vehicle in its first year of production, as many others have said.

By the time that the 2025 Tacomas are becoming readily available most part shortages will have gone away. It is jus the price we pay to have the newest shiny object on the road.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.