Sponsored

iForce Sport 6m - Jolt/Shutter/Cough periodically when idling.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Wondering if anyone else has the same issue, I've noticed it when I first got the truck at the beginning of the year but it seems to be much more annoying and possibly worse these days, so much so that I would physically cringe everytime it would happen when detailing the truck today.

When idling, periodically and maybe even perfectly timed, the truck will shutter, almost like it's coughing, maybe best described as a very poor attempt at a misfire. Because I got the 6M I can physically watch the shifter jolt when it happens and I feel the truck react as well.

I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow, I was sweating my ass off today and I couldn't be bothered to stand in the burning sun to try and get a video.

I did have the cold air running while it was happening so not sure if it's something HVAC related, I'll try to replicate without my HVAC on but man does it sound, and feel god awful especially outside the cabin. I've never heard any other vehicle do this, or atleast not as frequently as this Tacoma. The i4 already makes some god awful sounds, I don't need another lol..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Here's a video, doesn't really do it justice