Is there a QC hold on the Trailhunter?

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Yesterday, my dealer told me that there was a QC hold on the Trailhunter and that only 5 have been released to New England so far, the rest are on hold and he wasn’t sure why.

Are new product roll outs usually this rocky?
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
What's unique to the Trailhunters? The disconnect bar? Or do they have full-time 4wd or something?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
What's unique to the Trailhunters? The disconnect bar? Or do they have full-time 4wd or something?
This is the million dollar question.

I have not seen QC holds on any other trim, including trucks with the SDM.

So what is unique to the TH, that might be getting installed after it leaves the factory and could be out of supply, or that they found a defect?

-Early exit exhaust
-Snorkel
-Compressor
-Suspension and wheels
-Seats and interior trim
-Rock rails (are these the same as the Pro?)
-Amber/white Rigid fog lights
-Bed scene lighting
-Badging (haha hopefully this isn’t the hold up)
-ARB Sports Bar (or this!)

And I can’t think of anything else that isn’t found on some other trucks.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
And I can’t think of anything else that isn’t found on some other trucks.
I wonder if it's not something to do with the hybrid system? My OR with the Premium package passed inspection and is northbound on the choo-choo. It's certainly not a Trailhunter though.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I wonder if it's not something to do with the hybrid system? My OR with the Premium package passed inspection and is northbound on the choo-choo. It's certainly not a Trailhunter though.
Hybrid system is exactly the same as all other hybrids, which are not on QC hold. So I doubt that very much.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Could be something as simple as gearing or some kind of tuning specific to the halos.

They're certainly not installing moonroofs on them. I'm gonna play the "oh, I need a sunroof, so how about a $1,000 discount?" It won't work, but still... I've been told all along by every piece of documentation they've sent me that it has one, so I can make them sweat a little.

At this point, it can wait two weeks. I'm busy until the 21st anyway, so no time to play with my new toy.

OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
I learned from the dealer that I put my first Trailhunter deposit on (not the one that actually has a vehicle allocated to me) that my vehicle is one of the ones on the current 30 day QC Hold. He describes Toyota as a "shit show" right now and added that Grand Highlanders currently can't be bought/ registered or driven due to an airbag deployment issue. He doesn't know the issues with the Trailhunter QC hold

He says he's been frustrated. He apologized he hasn't been able to get one allocated to me and I went somewhere else only to have this happen. He offered to refund my deposit today but I said I'd leave it there and I'll take which ever comes in first.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's more worth it to buy a 2025 model or even another make

Sponsored
OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Mudbath is not a 2025 TH color
I just did a search for a 2025 Trailhunter or Tacoma just now and
Mudbath is not a 2025 TH color
I just did a search for the 2025 Tacoma and then Trailhunter and all that came up was a Forbes article about what looks like a 2024 Trailhunter. If anyone has any info on the 2025 models, I'd be interested in reading about it

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I just did a search for a 2025 Trailhunter or Tacoma just now and

I just did a search for the 2025 Tacoma and then Trailhunter and all that came up was a Forbes article about what looks like a 2024 Trailhunter. If anyone has any info on the 2025 models, I'd be interested in reading about it
There’s no info yet, but it’s common sense it won’t be on the 2025.

toyota puts a color first on pro models only then it follows.

a mud bath TH won’t happen until 2026 at the earliest, if at all.
Sponsored