MSRP OR MARKUP

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Barring opinions about how I feel about Toyota’s current allocation system and how scare some of these builds are…..

Flying to Vegas to pickup a long bed Trailhunter. $2800 markup. Exact color & PIO I wanted and I got to pick between 2 Trailhunters coming from that dealer. Also getting XPEL nano ceramic tint on the windows and PPF done before I drive it off the lot.

originally deposited in Denver over a year ago at a midsize MSRP shop. They got a couple TRD Pros in YTD, no THs

Also tried a broker who’s on the forums here. He wanted $3500 on top to secure a Trailhunter, wouldn’t say where/what state it was.

All things being equal if you get your TH at MSRP this year from a deposit going way back, you lucked out. That simple. The rest of us are either waiting or playing the game. For tax purposes this year, and other build logistics, had to play the game.
Nice congrats , hey you found exactly what your looking for $2800 isn't that bad for the extras (tint and ceramic). That's usually what you would pay if it's being installed at a professional detail shop. Please share the pictures on your new ride once you take delivery, I'm on the fence on a 6ft bed lol.

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
I can say from calling around that there are many Pros that can be had for MSRP. Just have to do some legwork. Of course, you run into the dealerships with 5k and 10k markups. A dealership I passed on a while ago has a Pro in the lot for 2500 markup. Originally they wanted 5000, but I guess no one bit. They have been reaching out to see if I’m interested. I told them I had found multiple at MSRP and did they want to honor MSRP. Their response: “not yet.” Ha ha.
Yeah I don't get it the 10k or 15k markups? It's like these dealerships are holding the trucks . From my understanding each day a vehicle sits unsold the dealerships loses money , why hold a truck on the lot if it's not selling at markup ? I made several cash offers at local dealerships and they told me no , "we need a chance to put it out on the market and see what it makes" smh

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
In norcal not a single halo trim has hit lots unsold, at any price. Even the 15k plus markups; It's why I'm driving 8 hours to buy one.

Every single one was bought before the dealer even took delivery.

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
MSRP plus dashcam plus wireless trailer cam plus bed liner and some other small BS. Annoyed at the forced options, but at least they arent totally useless and I was considering the wireless trailer cam anyways. It was the cheapest one within a 10 hour drive.
Are these PIO (port installed options) if it's installed by Toyota I'm all for it. My TH has all features installed at the port none are from the dealership. Dash cam is nice wish I had that option.

Sponsored

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
I'm not sure to be honest. I'll ask my salesman the next time I talk to them.(still a few weeks from build date) They were listed as accessories on the description.

Dash cam is nice but Ill admit its overpriced. I think I would eventually end up buying the wireless trailer cam, though. Nice to have.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
MSRP and I had to watch allocations in the 10 closest states, negotiate to get that, and then wait months. No add ons whatsoever, base TRD OR with only the 14" screen and heated seats. Two things made it difficult, bronze oxide w/ black&white interior was incredibly hard to find, and not wanting to pay for a single option I didn't want. Paid cash, total cost was around 46K and the best discounts I saw at the time were for packages at 53K or more, discounted a few thousand dollars. Local dealers at the time wouldn't budge on markups. Months later they are all calling me non stop :)

MADHATTER2479

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 F-150 5.0
Build had everything I wanted, minus the wheel locks. Smart Path pricing was -$2,500 off with no forced dealer additions. Arrived at the dealership 7/2. Dealer prepped and drove it home 7/3. Very happy with the truck.
2024 Tacoma MSRP OR MARKUP IMG_2064
2024 Tacoma MSRP OR MARKUP IMG_1771
2024 Tacoma MSRP OR MARKUP IMG_1772

Odzter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
You can get a discount through Costco’s auto program. Participating dealers only.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I’m interested in either a TH w/ 6’ bed or TRD Off-road Prem. w/ 6’ bed. With inventory building on lots there is no way I’d pay over MSRP for a TH and especially the TRD OR. The closest dealer in SW Charlotte has about 40 Tacomas on the lot as of last week. Not one with 6’ bed but two OR and one was a hybrid.

I’m driving a 22+ year old F-150 SuperCrew Lariat and have cash in hand, but I work too hard to piss money away. Those greedy dealers can go pound sand!

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
…Those greedy dealers can go pound sand!
I agree w/you but if MSRP was $69k on a Trailhunter I’d still want the truck. Business has been good lately, while not stoked to pay a bit extra, I got optionality between my two top colors in the long bed variant, both had some compelling PIOs. So it’s almost like I had a custom order squared away. From that point of view, happy to take delivery in ~1-2 weeks versus 2 years

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Ah…the gotta have it now tax. Totally understand and can’t say I haven’t paid a bit more to get exactly what I wanted.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey brother, no need to explain anything to anyone, especially on the internet. Do what makes you smile.

Forest Moon

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OR Supersonic Red MT
I paid msrp about 2 months ago and was happy to do so since it was the only OR manual for sale in my corner of New England at the time. And it was my first color choice. I was expecting more for my trade in but when I saw the sale price they put on it I realized it was a reasonable deal.
Sponsored