Sponsored

New automatic transmission tsb to now include hybrid.

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
my vin is under 006367, so not sure if i'm in it or not lol
You’re famous bro. I think you got the very first clean transmission from the hybrids.

I’m kinda bummed I may have to deal with this shit. I’m no worrier about driving to my ranch that’s 300+ miles from my house.

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
You’re famous bro. I think you got the very first clean transmission from the hybrids.

I’m kinda bummed I may have to deal with this shit. I’m no worrier about driving to my ranch that’s 300+ miles from my house.
wait, so if you're under 006367, you're not included? 006368+ are the one included? i'm getting confused now.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
wait, so if you're under 006367, you're not included? 006368+ are the one included? i'm getting confused now.

Under is included in the tsb and may have a fucked trans. You’re not under it. You’re at the first vin that is not included.

Edit - I thought you said your vin is 6367 - sorry you’re also fucked

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
From how I understand it, 50000 total trucks are potentially affected
The problem for me is that my transmission *may* be fucked. Even if nothing happens I’ll be nervous the entire time. And also I don’t know if the transmission is just a little less reliable. Maybe it only hits 150K miles instead of 200. I’d rather it just die so I can get a good transmission.

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
Under is included in the tsb and may have a fucked trans. You’re not under it. You’re at the first vin that is not included.

Edit - I thought you said your vin is 6367 - sorry you’re also fucked
my vin is 001138. one of the first batches of hybrid. rip to us.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
i’ve had my truck since July and at 2k miles. Haven’t had any issues so far, and I drive mine daily.
I’ve driven mine almost 2K as well since August but others have said they get microshudders at a stop and I do too. I don’t know if that’s a sign I’m losing my trans.
Sponsored