Sponsored

New automatic transmission tsb to now include hybrid.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mine was right at the tail end. So annoying. I wonder if some have it and some don’t or if they are all shitty on some level.
I think the VIN range includes the trucks Toyota's data show as potentially affected. If the majority of the trucks in those ranges were going to fail I think there would be a recall.

Most us will probably be fine, but it still makes you question your truck. But like @maxx075 says, there isn't much that we can do until one or more solenoid codes are stored. Taking your truck to the dealer without the codes will accomplish nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I think the VIN range includes the trucks Toyota's data show as potentially affected. If the majority of the trucks in those ranges were going to fail I think there would be a recall.

Most us will probably be fine, but it still makes you question your truck. But like @maxx075 says, there isn't much that we can do until one or more solenoid codes are stored. Taking your truck to the dealer with the codes will accomplish nothing.
Yup. True. Life goes on. Like I said, I got 125K miles warranty.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Well, I don't have the VIN for my first truck. It had an 08/24 build date, but that's more of an assembly date. The transmissions are obviously built before that, probably weeks in advance. I wonder how far out the timeline extends now?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
My dealer gives their buyers a lifetime warranty on the entire hybrid system. I wonder if they are starting to consider rethinking that about now.
I don't think the transmission is considered a hybrid part. Besides, the Toyota warranty is 10 years/150,000 miles, so it seems the dealer is pretty safe in providing that warranty coverage.
Sponsored