Sponsored

New automatic transmission tsb to now include hybrid.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mine was right at the tail end. So annoying. I wonder if some have it and some don’t or if they are all shitty on some level.
I think the VIN range includes the trucks Toyota's data show as potentially affected. If the majority of the trucks in those ranges were going to fail I think there would be a recall.

Most us will probably be fine, but it still makes you question your truck. But like @maxx075 says, there isn't much that we can do until one or more solenoid codes are stored. Taking your truck to the dealer without the codes will accomplish nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I think the VIN range includes the trucks Toyota's data show as potentially affected. If the majority of the trucks in those ranges were going to fail I think there would be a recall.

Most us will probably be fine, but it still makes you question your truck. But like @maxx075 says, there isn't much that we can do until one or more solenoid codes are stored. Taking your truck to the dealer with the codes will accomplish nothing.
Yup. True. Life goes on. Like I said, I got 125K miles warranty.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Well, I don't have the VIN for my first truck. It had an 08/24 build date, but that's more of an assembly date. The transmissions are obviously built before that, probably weeks in advance. I wonder how far out the timeline extends now?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer gives their buyers a lifetime warranty on the entire hybrid system. I wonder if they are starting to consider rethinking that about now.
I don't think the transmission is considered a hybrid part. Besides, the Toyota warranty is 10 years/150,000 miles, so it seems the dealer is pretty safe in providing that warranty coverage.

Sponsored

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
My VIN is 004028, so it appears that I'm screwed as well. I have less than 500 miles on the truck. I can't drive much at all as I'm recovering from a knee replacement.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
so my question is are all the solenoids total shit, or do the solenoids fail as a result of debris from the failing transmission?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
so my question is are all the solenoids total shit, or do the solenoids fail as a result of debris from the failing transmission?
Think of your trans as a line of window panes lined along a track. The casting debris is a baseball thrown directly in the middle of those panes along the track.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Damn...my Pro ends in 001897 so it seems I'm also not in the clear...
I haven't had a single issue with my transmission yet and hoping I won't, but it definitely makes me a bit uneasy on long roadtrips lol.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I wish you all would call Toyota corporate and voice your concerns, I already have

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ran the kissmygrits sheet and there are 345 hybrids sitting on the lots right now that are affected. Total of all trucks is 5080.
Sponsored

Attachments