Vehicle(s)
Accord

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I thought the oval thing was a sensor , I guess I need to add this to the buy list for one day my truck having an eta

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
Thanks for the tip - since I just got an allocation this morning.... and I can't unsee the blanks in the bumper, I picked up a set. :)

OP
OP

larkhen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
For those of you curious, this is what it will look like:

2024 Tacoma New Rigid Lights for ARB Steel Rear Bumper 1725655506452-ex

Sponsored

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like these were planned for the truck and cost cutting happened. All good.

FWIW Specialty Performance Parts sells these, no tax, free shipping, and 1st responder discount = $380.

mfat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Victory Kingpin
Seems like these were planned for the truck and cost cutting happened. All good.

FWIW Specialty Performance Parts sells these, no tax, free shipping, and 1st responder discount = $380.
I used WELCOME5 (5% off) to save $20 - I am not a first responder or military so I'm not sure if both discounts could be used.

- Bottom line, $380 for me too.

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some information from TW on these here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ur-4th-gen-today.834072/page-35#post-30101181

"I installed Rigid Industries kit for the steal bumper cut-outs on the ARB bumper that comes on the TH and Pro. Very pricey. The good: the lights are great, bright and fit perfectly. The bad: They are not "plug and play" as advertised and came with the incorrect plug end to plug into the rear pre-wired aux port. The pics with the plugs; the one circled in red is the correct OEM plug I had to use from the OEM harness kit that came with the truck. Being picky, but for expensive lights, the lights should also have had a weather proof connector on it similar to those from Diode Dynamics.

Something I had to figure out from the google machine: In order for the rear aux port to have power, you have to use the 4 pin/2pin connector provided by Toyota and plug it into the two harnesses under the hood the washer fluid. This was extremely frustrating as the owner's manual was not very clear on how to power up that circuit."

OP
OP

larkhen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Some information from TW on these here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ur-4th-gen-today.834072/page-35#post-30101181

"I installed Rigid Industries kit for the steal bumper cut-outs on the ARB bumper that comes on the TH and Pro. Very pricey. The good: the lights are great, bright and fit perfectly. The bad: They are not "plug and play" as advertised and came with the incorrect plug end to plug into the rear pre-wired aux port. The pics with the plugs; the one circled in red is the correct OEM plug I had to use from the OEM harness kit that came with the truck. Being picky, but for expensive lights, the lights should also have had a weather proof connector on it similar to those from Diode Dynamics.

Something I had to figure out from the google machine: In order for the rear aux port to have power, you have to use the 4 pin/2pin connector provided by Toyota and plug it into the two harnesses under the hood the washer fluid. This was extremely frustrating as the owner's manual was not very clear on how to power up that circuit."
I wonder if the harness that is supplied is suppose to plug directly into the trailer lights harness similar to the Diode Dynamics hitch light but then you're suppose to use the supplied pig tails and harness that came with the trucks for use of the auxiliary switch?

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
I’m installing these this week but I didn’t buy kit. I bought the rigid SrL spreader flush mount lights $230 on Amazon, and then I’m going to modify the harness to a DT connector to work with the diode dynamics reverse light 7 pin adapter that has the tail light wire. I think diode dynamics calls this the dual function 7 pin harness.

Sponsored

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Pretty lights; I want one...but I can't. :sadface: (at least not now)
I've gotta stop myself from buying more parts/accessories for a truck I don't have yet... 😭
Already have a crate full of parts/accessories; all I can do now is hold it and picture it in my mind what it would look like installed and it looks pretty dope! 🤔😊

DR. FUMBLES

First Name
GABE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TACOMA TRD PRO
OP
OP

larkhen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
I’m installing these this week but I didn’t buy kit. I bought the rigid SrL spreader flush mount lights $230 on Amazon, and then I’m going to modify the harness to a DT connector to work with the diode dynamics reverse light 7 pin adapter that has the tail light wire. I think diode dynamics calls this the dual function 7 pin harness.
Ooo let me know how this goes! Definitely curious since this route will save some money

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Anyone know what these look like at night with the tailgate down? creates like a valance light effect under the tailgate?
Sponsored