Sponsored

OEM 4th of July 20% off Accessories

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I could actually find some better prices, but it means driving farther than it's probably worth, plus the time involved. As it is, thirty minutes down to Portland (ME) will not raise eyebrows. However, it will be harder to hide four rims and/or explain why the chrome rims are now black. :LOL:

OP
OP

alkregha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (in production)
😂 - yeah the explaining part is gonna be the real challenge. Maybe I should swing by and pick up all my stuff on the way home with my truck. “It came with all this”.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
😂 - yeah the explaining part is gonna be the real challenge. Maybe I should swing by and pick up all my stuff on the way home with my truck. “It came with all this”.
After I got my Tundra, I really wanted a rear sway bar (well worth it, I might add). I found a good deal and pulled the trigger for $200. I knew I was going to get flack for it but figured it would be worth it. I had indications that UPS would be delivering it on Saturday. Saturday arrives, and I'm getting my responses in order. My wife then tells me she's going to work to get some stuff together for Monday (she's a teacher). Inside, I'm celebrating, hoping UPS arrives while she's gone. So, I pull the truck into the garage and set it up for installation. Twenty minutes later, here comes UPS. I get the box, install the sway bar (30 minutes), then take the box and trash down to the transfer station and dispose of everything. I get home, and she arrives about 15 minutes later. Nothing is ever said until a few years later, as I'm backing out of the driveway, she mentions the "red bar" underneath the Tundra. My response: "Oh, yeah, that came with the truck."

OP
OP

alkregha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
😂 . I just talked myself out of the black exhaust tip, a wireless trailer camera, and a TRD skid plate (now cheaper than the RCI off-road one I have on order ).

Sponsored

OP
OP

alkregha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one I thought of (and ordered lol) today- oil. Got a box of 6 quarts for about $28. That’s about 4.65 per quart.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
😂 . I just talked myself out of the black exhaust tip, a wireless trailer camera, and a TRD skid plate (now cheaper than the RCI off-road one I have on order ).
With a heavy heart I have to delete the rims off my order. There is just no market for stock chrome limited rims and while they do have some value, extracting that is going to be tough. But as a replacement I'm getting the TRD Skidplate and the black exhaust tip. So, I got that going for me, which is nice. :LOL:

OP
OP

alkregha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol! The dealership told me I’d receive total consciousness.

Now instead of buyer’s remorse you are making me have non-buyer’s envy on the skid plate and exhaust. Must… resist… 4th.. order.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
So, I'm curious as to how some folks are getting local pickup. There is no option for that and the fine print talks about shipping and taxes. I'm 30 miles from the dealer and the shipping charge kills anything gained with the discount. It's really quite insane.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
So, I'm curious as to how some folks are getting local pickup. There is no option for that and the fine print talks about shipping and taxes. I'm 30 miles from the dealer and the shipping charge kills anything gained with the discount. It's really quite insane.
Should be an option when you checkout

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
It isn't. It only gives me a shipping option. Can move beyond it.
Whatever you are shopping for, did you try Fred Andersen Toyota? I got a bed mat shipped to the mid west for $110. Must add item to cart to see the lowest price.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Whatever you are shopping for, did you try Fred Andersen Toyota? I got a bed mat shipped to the mid west for $110. Must add item to cart to see the lowest price.
I see it now. Fred Anderson offers a local pickup option. My dealer doesn't. That answers that.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I see it now. Fred Anderson offers a local pickup option. My dealer doesn't. That answers that.
Okay, that was a bit of a journey. I started looking at stores within about a 100-mile radius. My local store, which offered no in-store pickup, was still $50 higher than Fred Anderson, shipping included. However, I couldn't get a bed extender from them because they wouldn't ship it. I ended up sending my money to New Hampshire to a store that had in-store pickup. I picked up the front and transfer case skid plate, bed extender with bracket, and the scuff plates. I'm exhausted. .😅

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Okay, that was a bit of a journey. I started looking at stores within about a 100-mile radius. My local store, which offered no in-store pickup, was still $50 higher than Fred Anderson, shipping included. However, I couldn't get a bed extender from them because they wouldn't ship it. I ended up sending my money to New Hampshire to a store that had in-store pickup. I picked up the front and transfer case skid plate, bed extender with bracket, and the scuff plates. I'm exhausted. .😅
Glad you got what you wanted. Saving money can be exhausting. I know.
Sponsored