Sponsored

Ohski1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
That's super unfortunate. I'd bet they got damaged in shipping. I will say the install is kinda finicky but once everything is on there right, the cover looks great and functions properly. I can't vouch for the durability since I just got it but it seems solid. Hopefully RealTruck can make it right for you.
I hope so too.
Have you had any leaks in the corners by the cabin? I’ve saw on other forums some have seen a lot of light peeking through in that area.
Sponsored

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I hope so too.
Have you had any leaks in the corners by the cabin? I’ve saw on other forums some have seen a lot of light peeking through in that area.
I haven't tested it with water and it hasn't rained here in El Paso, TX however I'd expect that there will be some water getting through. I cut the foam squares that came for the install (which I didn't end up needing) and covered the gap that is there. There's definitely a gap because the bed tapers off near the cabin. I'm sure there are better ways to seal that up but I'm not super concerned with water getting in. I did adjust the rail by pushing it forward a bit. Hopefully that helps the seal a bit too. For me, it's still a truck and the cover is more for security than water tightness.

Last edited:

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
For those who have the bed camera view. When the cover is installed, can you still see in the bed?

I just installed mine and my digital rear view is perfect with no obstructions. However, the camera that faces the bed is obstructed by the bed cover being folded up.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I took a pic of the small hooks installed with the backflip mx4. They seem to sit nicely if you place the cover right up against them. I think people were asking about them before.

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma 20240714_155848

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
For those who have the bed camera view. When the cover is installed, can you still see in the bed?

I just installed mine and my digital rear view is perfect with no obstructions. However, the camera that faces the bed is obstructed by the bed cover being folded up.
Haven't tried it yet with the cover folded up like that. I was pretty sure it'd block that camera though.

Sponsored

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Thanks. I chickened-out and just had the dealer install it. I don't have the tools or the patience. And it's really hot. They installed cover and tube steps for me. Happy with the results.

20240628_120318.jpg

20240628_120329.jpg
@BadApe - can you still see your bed camera with the bed all the way folded up against the cab?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I didn't know I had a bed camera. Are they standard?
More than likely talking about the digital rear view mirror that uses a camera that is on top of the cab. This only comes with the premium upgrade. If you have the Offroad upgrade, you don't have this. Just the rear backup camera that is on the tailgate.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Anyone have a good link for adapters for the drain tubes so we don't have to drill into the bed. I'd like to use the OEM drain holes in the bed.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Anyone have a good link for adapters for the drain tubes so we don't have to drill into the bed. I'd like to use the OEM drain holes in the bed.
I used the drain holes that were already in the bed for the OEM cover...

Sponsored

jmarion713

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2001 Ford Ranger xlt
Is this with the Bakflip MX4? Do you happen to have pics? I'd love to see how that works out. Thanks!
No, it's the OEM tonneau cover. I will try to post pictures
Is this with the Bakflip MX4? Do you happen to have pics? I'd love to see how that works out. Thanks!
No, it's the OEM tonneau cover. I will try to post pics when my wife gets home with it.
Sponsored