Sponsored

Paint Issues - Wind Chill Pearl

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I’ve now had multiple issues with the WCP paint. The most recent was bird shit staining the hood of the truck. It sat on the truck for maybe 24 hours at most and left this mark. I’ve also had tire shine marks as well.

Luckily the stains have begun to fade but I can’t believe the poor paint quality by Toyota.

Any idea on what I can do to prevent this? Will calling Toyota help?

2024 Tacoma Paint Issues - Wind Chill Pearl IMG_1288

2024 Tacoma Paint Issues - Wind Chill Pearl IMG_1287
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I took mine to a pretty high class shop and they said I didn’t even need paint correction on my underground.

I’m very surprised considering some of the paint issues we’ve seen. I’m even more surprised to see this on a multiple stage paint like WCP.

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Bird stuff is extremely damaging to paint period. I never let it sit on my paint work. I'd do a decon on the paint and at least apply a product such as Gyeon Can Coat.

Richard

tptpgogogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
I’ve now had multiple issues with the WCP paint. The most recent was bird shit staining the hood of the truck. It sat on the truck for maybe 24 hours at most and left this mark. I’ve also had tire shine marks as well.

Luckily the stains have begun to fade but I can’t believe the poor paint quality by Toyota.

Any idea on what I can do to prevent this? Will calling Toyota help?

IMG_1288.jpeg

IMG_1287.jpeg
what are the other issues you had with the paint? Isn’t it common knowledge to not allow bird shit to sit if you care about your ride?

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
what are the other issues you had with the paint? Isn’t it common knowledge to not allow bird shit to sit if you care about your ride?
I am treating and taking care of the paint on my Highlux or uh SR like it is a 100k$ Lexus convertible in Nori green pearl.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
perhaps it ate into your clear coat a bit, but probably not it's likely just riding on the surface. Calling Toyota probably a waste of time, I would get a Mr. Clean Magic eraser and *gently* work those stains out. If you have a polisher like a Milwaukee M12 could pickup a set of foam cutting & buffing wheels and clean water, keep the area hydrated as you buff it off.

Could always spot treat/ rebuild your clear coat & re-buff if it in fact is like Alien saliva acid

Shit happens. Literally

Those 3M hood PPF add-ons look smart right about now. My Dealer is doing the front hood/grille sides, door cups...I might do the hood myself my Trailhunter will be living outside for the first year.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
A friend of mine has a buddy at a Toyota dealer who told him they are having a lot of trouble with that color (has had multiple trucks needing areas repainted). I think he mentioned the roof as a problem area.

OP
OP

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma

It was just in a spot I didn't notice. I've hand washed the truck only since I've got it and kept it very clean. My point was that something like that shouldn't happen. If you left your vehicle at the airport or something and came back in a day or so, you shouldn't expect a stain.

The other issue was tire shine stain from the dealership. I'm assuming it was solvent based and it passed the clear coat and left marks around the wheel well and near the rock guard. Those have faded as well but were there for several weeks.

OP
OP

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
A friend of mine has a buddy at a Toyota dealer who told him they are having a lot of trouble with that color (has had multiple trucks needing areas repainted). I think he mentioned the roof as a problem area.

Newer trucks have had issues?
Sponsored