Sponsored

Pretty sure my transmission is on its way out.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I'm at 10K miles and my shifts are smooth but recently I've developed a weird shudder around 1800rpm when I'm just lightly on the gas. Feels like a torque converter shudder but I'm not sure. Not even going to attempt to take it to the dealer because I know they'll just blow me off.
So you’re just gonna live with it? How bad is the shudder?
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I'm at 10K miles and my shifts are smooth but recently I've developed a weird shudder around 1800rpm when I'm just lightly on the gas. Feels like a torque converter shudder but I'm not sure. Not even going to attempt to take it to the dealer because I know they'll just blow me off.
When they want you to change a “dirty” air filter for $50 or do a throttle body service for $180, they are up your asshole. When you need them to do their actual job, which is to diagnose and resolve serious issues, they will always tell you it’s normal and to go home.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
When they want you to change a “dirty” air filter for $50 or do a throttle body service for $180, they are up your asshole. When you need them to do their actual job, which is to diagnose and resolve serious issues, they will always tell you it’s normal and to go home.
Every Toyota dealership must take classes on how to say “normal characteristic of vehicle “ engine
Sponsored