Sponsored

Pretty sure my transmission is on its way out.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I'm at 10K miles and my shifts are smooth but recently I've developed a weird shudder around 1800rpm when I'm just lightly on the gas. Feels like a torque converter shudder but I'm not sure. Not even going to attempt to take it to the dealer because I know they'll just blow me off.
So you’re just gonna live with it? How bad is the shudder?
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I'm at 10K miles and my shifts are smooth but recently I've developed a weird shudder around 1800rpm when I'm just lightly on the gas. Feels like a torque converter shudder but I'm not sure. Not even going to attempt to take it to the dealer because I know they'll just blow me off.
When they want you to change a “dirty” air filter for $50 or do a throttle body service for $180, they are up your asshole. When you need them to do their actual job, which is to diagnose and resolve serious issues, they will always tell you it’s normal and to go home.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
When they want you to change a “dirty” air filter for $50 or do a throttle body service for $180, they are up your asshole. When you need them to do their actual job, which is to diagnose and resolve serious issues, they will always tell you it’s normal and to go home.
Every Toyota dealership must take classes on how to say “normal characteristic of vehicle “ engine

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Gary , im sorry you are having these issues and i hope you are able to get to a solution, is there any chance for you to have a factory service rep go on a ride along/w you. To verify, it may even help contacting the BBB, or a consumer advocate group, then an attorney, you could be injured with a transmission issue, its dangerouse and toyota needs to aknowledge , .
Doesnt matter if your vin is on list, after seeing your truck ,they may need to expand the TSB…. Good luck gary ,hope things work out for you

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Gary , im sorry you are having these issues and i hope you are able to get to a solution, is there any chance for you to have a factory service rep go on a ride along/w you. To verify, it may even help contacting the BBB, or a consumer advocate group, then an attorney, you could be injured with a transmission issue, its dangerouse and toyota needs to aknowledge , .
Doesnt matter if your vin is on list, after seeing your truck ,they may need to expand the TSB…. Good luck gary ,hope things work out for you
I’m riding it out until my first service which will be in another month. Thanks though, and yes I’ll be bringing it up for an FTS from Toyota to check it out. Without doubt needs a new trans but as of now it’s still driving , low speeds and low gears are torture though that’s when it is the worst. Honestly i know eventually ill get a new transmission and life will be good but im just frustrated at the lack of info on the matter from Toyota.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I’m riding it out until my first service which will be in another month. Thanks though, and yes I’ll be bringing it up for an FTS from Toyota to check it out. Without doubt needs a new trans but as of now it’s still driving , low speeds and low gears are torture though that’s when it is the worst. Honestly i know eventually ill get a new transmission and life will be good but im just frustrated at the lack of info on the matter from Toyota.

What do you mean low gears are torture? If it’s so obvious take the tech for a spin
Sponsored