Question for GFC and Lonepeak owners

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Thank you, this is very helpful. The LP perks are hard to overlook.

15-16 mpg ain't bad - I'm averaging about 18.8mpg bone stock hand calculated but that's just over 1,200 miles on the odometer.

Customer service and standing by their product is going to be really important. As a newer company that was a concern of mine. Hopefully they can keep that up.

One question, do you find the overhang disproportionate to overall dimensions on the truck? Does it ever flex with weight and contact the shark fins?
I made it to the big puddle on the west side (Pacific Ocean). IMHO the look of the LP with the long bed is perfect, but that's just my opinion. I've experienced no flex or hitting at all.
2024 Tacoma Question for GFC and Lonepeak owners 1000009588
2024 Tacoma Question for GFC and Lonepeak owners 1000009589
Sponsored

OP
OP

jaslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Long Bed
I took delivery in Vegas and drove it 850mi day #2. Most of that MPG is residual from the trip. I had engine break-in to deal with, but ran ECO mode the entire way. Have only started trying different drive modes with the bed loaded down.
I've seen a very long thread on GFC forums where owners of the new GFC V2 pro tents are reporting way too much fabric causing excessive tent sag even when the wedge is fully deployed. This also causes very noisy flapping in windy conditions. Is your tent taut when deployed and can you share a pic of the tent deployed if you have one handy? GFC responses on the threads seem to suggest - this is how it's designed and not acknowledging a potential problem.

Another concern is it seems some people had issues with the bed mounts loosening to the point of the camper sliding forward into the cab. One even broke their cab rear glass. Have you checked your bed mount torque since you got the camper installed?

Are these issues common in wedge campers as a whole or present on the LP?