Sponsored

TygerTaco

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
All - Just thought I would post some pics of the Raceface T3 tailgate pad installed on the 4G. I've not used it yet, but I thought some might want to see how the pad looks when installed.

2024 Tacoma Raceface T3 Tailgate Pad Bike Carrier installed look IMG_2794-EDIT

2024 Tacoma Raceface T3 Tailgate Pad Bike Carrier installed look IMG_2795
Sponsored

Sponsored

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Nice looking rig, and Bike.

I ordered the same tailgate pad. Any issues with camera visibility or backup / auto braking sensors? I threw a hitch platform rack on for a few rides last week and the truck lost it's mind... Guessing the pad is fine though.

OP
OP
TygerTaco

TygerTaco

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Nice looking rig, and Bike.

I ordered the same tailgate pad. Any issues with camera visibility or backup / auto braking sensors? I threw a hitch platform rack on for a few rides last week and the truck lost it's mind... Guessing the pad is fine though.
No issues so far - although I will state that when the bikes are loaded up, there's a chance the parking sensor looses it's mind.

With the hitch rack - here's a trick that I learned when I use my Kia Telluride (which also goes nuts with a hitch rack). Install an adapter into the towing harness that fools your computer into thinking there's a trailer attached. While I haven't tried this on the taco yet, this does work on my Kia. Here's the adapter I use:
Curt 57004

This adapter is meant to solve some of the problems that LED lights present to computers because LED lights don't present enough load. Therefore, there's a load built into this adapter.

Note that you may also need to attach a trailer light tester to complete the circuit, but I don't think this is necessary.
Curt 57505
Sponsored