Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
Was getting curious on how the 4th gen would look with raptor grill lights so I ordered some for a 3rd Gen from Seven Sparta(Amazon) and this is the outcome.

Cutting:
On the grill itself, I cut each of the 4 holes to a rectangular shape to match the size of the back rectangle shape of the led lights, this way I would be able to push the light from the outside in. In order for the lights to sit snug I had to trim everything except the 2 horizontal tabs on each side of the light(see picture). This would help the light stay put and avoid falling towards the inside of the grill when pushed or pressure washed. Once they were all in placed I pulled them towards the engine bay and held them with a bit of pressure using multiple zip ties.

Wiring:
I tapped into the driver side fuse box using the supplied fuse tapper. I chose the 10A IGN fuse which is 7 from the bottom up since I wanted the lights to be on when the truck was on to act as a DRL.

Tools:
Used a Dremel with 2 attachments.
1) Cutting wheel to trim all the tabs on the led lights.
2) Diamond bit to trim the rectangular shapes in the grill.

Here is a video I posted on YouTube if that helps you guys.

@grayish_taco

2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4990
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4992
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4996
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4997
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_5002
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_5001
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4998
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_4999
2024 Tacoma Raptor Lights Installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_5003
Sponsored

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
very clean - nice job

i'm curious, do you keep spare fuses on you in case it pops that ignition fuse?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
God that looks so good, I'm almost tempted to do it myself so when I muck it up (which I will) I have an excuse to force myself to buy the pro grille

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
very clean - nice job

i'm curious, do you keep spare fuses on you in case it pops that ignition fuse?
Once I started adding lights I did put an assortment of fuses in the small removal circle compartment between the driver door and the dash. Perfect spot!

Sponsored

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
God that looks so good, I'm almost tempted to do it myself so when I muck it up (which I will) I have an excuse to force myself to buy the pro grille
Just go for it. It’s not hard at all, just take your time when trimming. Hardest part is figuring out how far apart you want them. Once you see them running, you won’t regret it.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Just go for it. It’s not hard at all, just take your time when trimming. Hardest part is figuring out how far apart you want them. Once you see them running, you won’t regret it.
I think I will! How hard was the grille to remove and do you have proximity sensors on yours? I'd be afraid to mess them up never really had to mess around with proximity sensors yet

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
I think I will! How hard was the grille to remove and do you have proximity sensors on yours? I'd be afraid to mess them up never really had to mess around with proximity sensors yet
You have to remove the bumper and grill as a unit. I do have sensors but there is only 4 clips to undo which are conveniently located at the top when you first open the hood, 3 on the passenger & 1 on the driver side. There are a few videos that show you how to properly remove the bumper. I’ll add the link of the video I used as reference.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD OR in LR, 24 TRD OR Underground Allocated
Nice write up, what is your setup, more pics? Looks clean.
Sponsored