Sponsored

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
Just non-hybrid most likely. The build site should go live as soon as pricing is turned loose.
Not asking exact date but is that sometime next week? Heard rumors that’s when embargo ends.
Sponsored

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Not asking exact date but is that sometime next week? Heard rumors that’s when embargo ends.
That could be both good and bad right? We'll be Thankful for that the data is out there, but we may be less Thankful if the prices are really high!

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
The embargo doesn't affect Tacomas. If you watch Toyota, nothing is done out of order. Everything has a function and a correct time. That's why Subaru is our test mule on many of the new features. Pricing is going to go out at last minute because of the demand on the Taco to keep people from snatching them up and flipping them for a nice profit. I was just told that NO ONE has a 24 Tacoma allocation yet and we will be allocated ONE UNIT at first. As everyone gets their unit, allocation will be based on volume. We've got 43 2023 Tacos on the lot and in transit and we're only going to get 1 unit in December.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just told that no lot has ANY ALLOCATION ON 2024 TACOS. Allocation will be 1 unit first round and then go up based on volume. Look for big market adjustments in December.... I know. It socks but welcome to my world. Just try to take it easy on your salesmen. It's not them doing it.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
I was just told that no lot has ANY ALLOCATION ON 2024 TACOS. Allocation will be 1 unit first round and then go up based on volume. Look for big market adjustments in December.... I know. It socks but welcome to my world. Just try to take it easy on your salesmen. It's not them doing it.
I would love to see a competitor just come in and full send on their top trim models and essentially undercut all these " 1 initial allocation" non-sense.

Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Ehhhhhhhhh. Sorry, I don’t buy that. Toyota isn’t the one adding market adjustments and there are definitely dealers planning on selling 2024s at msrp.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
An inferior product at a lower price is still an inferior product.
My point is, this whole 1 initial allocation thing that several manufacturers are doing is dumb. Are we selling fucking cars here or are we in the supply and demand manipulation game. How bout we just sell some fucking cars.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ehhhhhhhhh. Sorry, I don’t buy that. Toyota isn’t the one adding market adjustments and there are definitely dealers planning on selling 2024s at msrp.
The dealers are adding the market adjustment. Sorry that you misunderstood what I was saying about the market adjustment. As far as dealers selling their one unit at MSRP, only time will tell.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is, this whole 1 initial allocation thing that several manufacturers are doing is dumb. Are we selling fucking cars here or are we in the supply and demand manipulation game. How bout we just sell some fucking cars.
The problem is distribution. Think about how long it's going to get the trucks imported and sent out to the dealers...

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
The problem is distribution. Think about how long it's going to get the trucks imported and sent out to the dealers...
That's fine, I understand there are distribution issues, but I don't get releasing 1 unit to a dealership. That literally does no one any good, and only pisses off the customers and dealers. 95% of the buyers won't want to pay a stupid market adjustment on it, and the ones that do, will have a bad taste in their mouth that they just over paid for one. And the dealer made a small profit on 1 measly unit. It literarily is the stupidest strategy.

I rather them just wait until there's a fair amount of stock made and then send out a handful to each dealer. Anyways I'm not in the business, but this is the point of view of the customer, and I am certain, I am not the only one.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's fine, I understand there are distribution issues, but I don't get releasing 1 unit to a dealership. That literally does no one any good, and only pisses off the customers and dealers. 95% of the buyers won't want to pay a stupid market adjustment on it, and the ones that do, will have a bad taste in their mouth that they just over paid for one. And the dealer made a small profit on 1 measly unit. It literarily is the stupidest strategy.

I rather them just wait until there's a fair amount of stock made and then send out a handful to each dealer. Anyways I'm not in the business, but this is the point of view of the customer, and I am certain, I am not the only one.
What a lot of dealers hope for is that the market adjustment holds the truck on the lot for a little while. We want people to be able to see it. It will fall off pretty quick. You want to see butt hurt? Go look at a new Raptor R..... TrailHunters and Pros will be built in such a low number that a lot of dealers will get crazy with the adjustment. I'm hoping that we don't. We're a volume dealer. I'd rather sell 25 trucks a month at margin versus 2 at full MSRP/adj.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dont all manufacturers deal with this upon a new launch?
Look at the Bronco, the Mustang, Raptor, Corvette, Blazer, Charger, Hellcat, Cherokee SRT, Viper, the 1994 Ram, the 1990 300Z, 350Z, 370Z...... Yes, every new launch feels the same labor pains. None near as badly post COVID....

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
I will probably just keep the Ranger Raptor I have on order for a year or two and then get the TRD Pro. I want a new truck and I don't want to wait forever. I have a build date for the Raptor luckily.
Sponsored