Sponsored

Speculation on future performance upgrades?

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Your question prompted me to research.. I assume much by looking at the Tundra V6 turbo Berger option, but it is what I think is similar enough. The tundra peeps like what they have, one guy sold his-selling his truck. Another person gave the same warning that I was concerned about… warranty. Black and white issue, this will void engine and powertrain warranty if noticed. I would say that this is a calculated risk.

Also, though the Berger enhancement may be removed, I would bet you good money that Toyota has torque log data that cannot be removed, also- looking at MAF and MAP readings would raise an eyebrow at a technician level possibly, and definitely for Toyota engineers, if something failed and a warranty was involved.

I am not so concerned for the transmission and differential. But I do have concerns for the engine…also, the video Berger has for the Tacoma, shows an aftermarket air cleaner setup-the typical oiled cone filter. As others on this forum have pointed out: the oiled air filters do pass more particulate into the engine. The video shown for this “oiled” air filter, is an eye opener. Also, those living in California, it is not legal to have the Berger Hardware/software installed in their 2024 tacomas and used on public roads. That is, until Berger submits their merchandise to the California Air Resources Board, and has their product tested. It would likely pass, and be able to obtain and EO number, but it costs money and Berger might consider it if they research California 2024 tacoma VIO data. Whatever loss they incurred would likely be offset by California legal purchases.