Sponsored

Sport v Limited

Mjrcyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
first time buyer here. Does anyone have any thoughts (apart from aesthetics) on a heavily optioned 2024 TRD Sport v. 2024 Limited. I am wondering how much I would be giving up with the Sport, including missing the full time awd feature on the limited hybrid. I do not care about the chrome accents on the limited. Many thanks!
Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features/mpg_other_price/7534/7530/7598

Aside from the full time AWD on the limited there are a few other things it looks like youā€™d give up. HUD & power running boards. Limited has adaptive variable suspension option. Iā€™d go limited myself, but Iā€™m a ā€˜tick every boxā€™ kind of guy. Even then I canā€™t see youā€™d be giving up much of importance vs. a sport that had everything optional added.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'd personally never go for the limited BECAUSE of the full time AWD. If I'm buying a truck, losing the ability to switch between 4h and 2h just turns it into a glorified minivan with the foldable seats, actually you'd probably have more cargo space with a minivan šŸ˜‚

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
The fulltime 4wd in the limited can also be locked into 4 low and 4 high with the dial next to the shifter..

What you miss out on is the rear locker. But traction control helps with that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I'm getting a Limited because I'm effing old. Slap a Lexus badge on it and there you go.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It it wasn't for fulltime 4wd i would not consider limited.

Ideally i would get on Offroad with fulltime 4wd and add the power running boards for my wife.

I'm effing old too - so limited for me.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I'd personally never go for the limited BECAUSE of the full time AWD. If I'm buying a truck, losing the ability to switch between 4h and 2h just turns it into a glorified minivan with the foldable seats, actually you'd probably have more cargo space with a minivan šŸ˜‚
You mean Limited Hybrid right? The non Hybrid Limited is part time 4WD.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features/mpg_other_price/7534/7530/7598

Aside from the full time AWD on the limited there are a few other things it looks like youā€™d give up. HUD & power running boards. Limited has adaptive variable suspension option. Iā€™d go limited myself, but Iā€™m a ā€˜tick every boxā€™ kind of guy. Even then I canā€™t see youā€™d be giving up much of importance vs. a sport that had everything optional added.
The non hybrid Limited is part time 4WD. I assume your talking about the Hybrid version?

Reactions: MJE

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
For me it was a combo of aesthetics and price.

Dealers around me were willing to go 1-2k off a sport and most of the ones in the area were loaded up with port accessories.

I ended up finding a limited with practically nothing on it from the port and worked out a 3K discount from MSRP. So I ended up in a limited for the same price as I could have gotten a loaded sport for.

Also, not super keen on the hood scoop. But that's a subjective opinion.

I think if you can find a limited, go for it. Soft touch materials everywhere, power running boards, nicer headlights... And if opting for the hybrid, full-time 4WD.

I personally was considering waiting for the hybrid. Only feature I really wanted was the 20 amp inverter. But given our paltry gas tank size, maybe it's best that I just carry separate fuel and a generator.

Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
The fulltime 4wd in the limited can also be locked into 4 low and 4 high with the dial next to the shifter..

What you miss out on is the rear locker. But traction control helps with that.
@Ron is right as far as I'm aware. The 4H and 4L setting on a traditional 4WD is no different from the full time 4WD options as the center diff is locked. The only difference is you don't get a 2WD option which might get better MPG.

Personally, I will be targeting whatever does have full time 4WD. It is much better for on the road safety. Especially in bad weather. I honestly wonder why anyone has a problem with it. Other than MAYBE MPG, I can't think of any reason anyone would want 2WD instead of a full-time 4WD. Maybe someone can educate me, but it feels like it is just a bias against car/crossover AWD systems.

It does suck however, to not be able to get a rear locker, crawl control, or MTS. That seems like the right move for me though as I will rarely be off-road.

Last edited:

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
The Tacoma Limited is 4W drive only? How is that done with dry pavement situations? Don't the wheels bind?

pez88

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
The Tacoma Limited is 4W drive only? How is that done with dry pavement situations? Don't the wheels bind?
The Limited Hybrid has a center Torsen differential so it can have FT fwd on pavement without any binding. The center diff is lockable for off-road or slippery conditions.

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
The limited does have some unique features that are pretty cool.
Having said that, I would never buy one for two reasons.
You cannot buy it with a 6 foot bed, and I hate chrome. Other than those two issues, I think itā€™s a pretty nice option.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why they had to make it confusing but ...

iForce Limited : 4L, 4H, 2H

iForce Max Limited : L4L, H4H, H4F

L4L = low speed position, center differential locked
H4L = high speed position, center differential locked
H4F = high speed position (full time 4wd)
Sponsored