Sponsored

System malfunction Errors

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Hey all, first post. My 4th gen TRD sport has about 1400 miles and last week i got dashboard errors all types saying malfunction on abs , breaking, system malfunction, side mirror sensors. I think every sensor you can think off. It came up after I went over a railroad truck. Got home, turned of my truck, waited 2min and everything was cleared and gone. Wasn't able to get any codes as it wasn't detecting anything.

Today getting out of my complex i got over a speed bump, nothing fast or crazy and once again Christmas tree lights up. Anyone know or have witnessed the same? I've seen about the grille sensor but why is it only activating when it feel some type of bump?

IMG20240619164028.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Another update. When I turned car back on it was gone. Driving back home after just doing a turn no bumps or nothing lights came up again. Going to have to take it in.

IMG20240619182751.jpg

IMG20240619182809.jpg

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
I'm guessing a connector isn't making good contact and the bumps knock it loose. Could be a ground wire, etc.

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Had same errors after hitting the gas while turning on flat pavement. Everything followed with "visit dealer". One kept coming up "oil low". Started losing power and pulled over and turned truck off and restarted...same. Called dealership and asked if Ishould drive it in or have it towed.. they would not commit either way. Driving to dealership it was getting worse and worse then finally stopped working. Oil all over the ground where I parked. Dealership took a quick look and said oil was all from topside of engine and there was not a drop of oil in the motor anymore. I have less than 200 miles on it!

Nixamantacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Another update. When I turned car back on it was gone. Driving back home after just doing a turn no bumps or nothing lights came up again. Going to have to take it in.

IMG20240619182751.jpg

IMG20240619182809.jpg
Did you get this resolved?

I got this error last night. Similar situation, I drove home and when I started it back up the messages were gone. Drove it around. Then today had a couple small trips around town, then it popped back on.

made appointment to get it in on Wednesday.

Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Had same errors after hitting the gas while turning on flat pavement. Everything followed with "visit dealer". One kept coming up "oil low". Started losing power and pulled over and turned truck off and restarted...same. Called dealership and asked if Ishould drive it in or have it towed.. they would not commit either way. Driving to dealership it was getting worse and worse then finally stopped working. Oil all over the ground where I parked. Dealership took a quick look and said oil was all from topside of engine and there was not a drop of oil in the motor anymore. I have less than 200 miles on it!
Please, please why did you continue to drive it?? Insane!

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I'll tell you why. Where it happen there no safe place to pull over, no parking lane and heavy traffic . If it died on that road it would not have been safe for me or my sick wife who was on her way to the doctor and I, being a 67 year old disabled police veteran do not have the strength or stamina to push a truck in 106 degree desert heat. So for starters my and my wifes safety are far more important than this truck motor. Stopping in the middle of this road and getting out of the truck would have been insane. And the first place I was able to get to safety I did. And in my conversation with service, the professionals who are supposed to have the answers a non-mechanic doesn't have, after I told them everything that was happening, told me I could drive it in or have it towed. With all the information given don't you think if they were concerned it would not make it or I would do any further damage they would say "do not drive it"? They didn't and I was less than 10 minutes from them. It's great to Monday morning quarterback but if they said do not drive it in I would have left in the parking lot I stopped in.

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
And I'm not trying be a dick to you with the reasons. It's just what I had to do at the time. I've seen too many times where people stop and then real bad things happen. I've been searching for things that could have saved the outcome but came up with nothing

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Did you get this resolved?

I got this error last night. Similar situation, I drove home and when I started it back up the messages were gone. Drove it around. Then today had a couple small trips around town, then it popped back on.

made appointment to get it in on Wednesday.
Funny enough... since i wrote this post i had taken it to the dealership and the issue is a bad speed sensor. It's been two months on back order and i just got the call this past Friday that the part was in. I will be taking it tomorrow Labor Day to replace the sensor.

Because of this, the car drives fine but none of the sensors work in terms of auto breaking, side mirror, and a few more. But it doesn't limit the car from driving and functioning. The dealership said it was ok for me o keep driving it. Just every time i turn on the car, i have to press the back button on the steering wheel to get the beeping to stop.

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Hmm this might of been something else, maybe a lose filter or plug from the bottom. Keep us posted!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Also all, take a look at the plastic trip by your windshield wipers... They will also be replacing this because i noticed it driving out of the lot. And when i walked around almost all Tacos had the same issue. It appears that the plastic trim doesn't go flushed onto the glass and there is a slight opening in the middle bend. They will be replacing this as well tomorrow.
1725202906957.jpg

Nixamantacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Funny enough... since i wrote this post i had taken it to the dealership and the issue is a bad speed sensor. It's been two months on back order and i just got the call this past Friday that the part was in. I will be taking it tomorrow Labor Day to replace the sensor.

Because of this, the car drives fine but none of the sensors work in terms of auto breaking, side mirror, and a few more. But it doesn't limit the car from driving and functioning. The dealership said it was ok for me o keep driving it. Just every time i turn on the car, i have to press the back button on the steering wheel to get the beeping to stop.
Awesome. đź‘Ź

Thanks for letting me know. With tomorrow being a holiday I did not want to be stuck home not able to go anywhere!!

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Happy to report, after two months waiting for the part. Toyota replaced it this morning the right front speed sensor and truck is running as new again. They also replaced the plastic trim that was bent with a brand new one. Had a great service experience with them.
Sponsored