Taco Garage - TITANIUM heritage/pro grille bracket

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I designed this bracket for a customer who will be installing the grille next week and I figured I would offer it to anyone interested, the first one was steel but I decided will be making these in TITANIUM.

I needed a material that would be thin so that when bent, the radius would be small and it would leave enough space for the camera inside. I also needed corrosion resistance because I didn't want to powdercoat this, it adds work, time and cost. Aluminum could work but at the thickness I needed, I wanted to have something a little stronger, stainless steel would be better but as I was pricing this out I figured most of the cost of these will come from the time the laser takes to cut the part, and the time it takes to do the 4 bends, turns out titanium was about the same as a similar SS part and just about $1 more than aluminum, so.... TITANIUM IT IS!

Pricing will be no more than $20 (shipped) I would like to lower the price but I need to make a ton of these in order to be able to do that, I don't yet know how many of you will actually be interested so if you are, LET ME KNOW, If I can get 20 people to commit I will sell/ship them out for $15.

I don't have the first batch yet so I won't take any money. We expect the 1st batch to be ready around 9/10/2024.

I'm going to keep a list of anyone who replies saying they want one. Once they are available I'll send a link to buy.

1. @Toy-truck
2. @bking

View attachment 18108 View attachment 18109 View attachment 18110

Also, for those of you who would rather not pay for a titanium bracket, there is a very nice individual in this forum who has offered to 3D print a plastic bracket that he designed for you for free, google is your friend.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I don't see a need for myself in the near term but thanks for doing this as the community needs folks like yourself who are willing to do a low production run to fill a community need.

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I designed this bracket for a customer who will be installing the grille next week and I figured I would offer it to anyone interested
Man that’s super cool and I want to say I admire the skill set and knowledge needed to do this and appreciate you offering them out at such a reasonable price.

That being said I need to buy a camper shell and sliders before I can think about spending money on a different grille :)

I haven’t had a truck in a number of years (unfortunately) and my previous trucks were dual purpose for my work in construction and recreation (getting me to good fishing/hunting/hiking areas where 4wd and good clearance either very helpful or required). That being said, I had never even considered something like a heritage grille before. Would your harness work with most? As in do most or all of the grille options mount the same? Just genuinely curious.

At any rate, glad to be back in a 4wd truck and look forward to some fall trout fishing in a few spots I haven’t seen in a few years:)

Happy Saturday everyone.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'll take one. It would be great to get a set of the light bar brackets for the heretic light bar as well if you have some extra titanium.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I'll take one. It would be great to get a set of the light bar brackets for the heretic light bar as well if you have some extra titanium.
I could do that but I don’t have the bar to take measurements from, I will be making a Baja designs bracket because that’s what this particular customer needs but if anyone has some measurements I can use I’ll see if I can do something.
I’m sure the brackets for different light bars will be very similar anyway so I may actually be able to make a “universal” one
Usually universal is not a good as a custom one but it never hurts to check.
heretic may have the dimensions I need on their site… I’ll check

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
You could always just send the step file that’s posted on the forum if you could get the permission of the poster. Then you should be able to send it straight over.

OP
OP

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
You’re right. I forgot he did that too.
I’ll ask…

OP
OP

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
soooo.... those exact brackets in titaninum would be $65 for just one set, 10 sets would be $45 each. I think I can modify the design to make it a bit simpler and cheaper, or change materials to stainless steel @ $30 for one set or $24ea for 10 sets.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I’m good either way. Just let me know when you have them.