Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder if the ones being released will show up on Toyota tracker website again? Or did Toyota somehow block that info.
Sponsored

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
So I just came back from the dealer today. (They cut me a check for 3 grand back) because they charged me for all the stuff that never came installed on the truck. They made it right for me. With that being said. Silver off road unloaded today. Trucks seems to begin movement again

OP
OP

dkichenside

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Well here's one piece of good news. One of the trucks due into one of my stores was released from the quality hold today. I checked and there are a handful of others as well. Whatever it is, it looks to be clearing out.
How long was it on hold?

Cincy513

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Mine was built 2-12 put on QC hold 2-19 hopefully it gets moving soon it’s just waiting to get on a train.

Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Mine was built on 2/13 and is NOT on hold. It is, however, sitting in the rail yard waiting for a train since 2/22. It didn't leave the factory until 2/20 so maybe they checked it out there. That was as of Tuesday. I'll be checking with my dealer on Saturday to see if there is any movement.

Gff313

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Same , mine was built 1/26 still on hold but hoping any day now
Mine was put on FI on 1/16 and still waiting on it to be released. But I can’t see mine in the list or the website or anywhere. It was there and disappeared about a week ago. So I can’t tell what mine is doing anymore.

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Well here's one piece of good news. One of the trucks due into one of my stores was released from the quality hold today. I checked and there are a handful of others as well. Whatever it is, it looks to be clearing out.
Are you seeing more today? Pls keep us updated. Would be nice to know if it's a one off or Yota is finally releasing them en masse.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None released today. At least not by noon Eastern. They did release a few yesterday but it looks like it will not be a mass release. They are likely doing something physical to them and releasing them as they are completed.
Makes sense. I would assume they are making repairs or fixing an issue of some kind.

Sponsored

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
None released today. At least not by noon Eastern. They did release a few yesterday but it looks like it will not be a mass release. They are likely doing something physical to them and releasing them as they are completed.
Can you tell us how many days those released were held for on average?

And if the ones still on hold are pushing into 30-45 days or longer?

Since they've released at least a few i would think they've identified the issue and able to resolve it. Otherwise they are still trying to figure it out and halting everything, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also thank you for your insight Steve. We'd all be in the dark without your insider info.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I think what is weird is not just shipping them to the dealer and having them do the fixes right away. The know how many parts they need to send based on inventory and the dealerships would benefit from learning more about servicing the truck too. I'm guessing it would be quicker. Either that or they should send like 2-3 techs from each dealership in the region to come and do the repairs at the rail yards, again, it would be good for the techs and would move things along more quickly too.

But if they are probably waiting for new parts and that's what's taking so long. My dealer said they heard it was Missing JBL speakers, but since they were selling cars without a second key fob for alike a year, I'd think most folks would be fine to get that a later date so that seems less likely to me.

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I think what is weird is not just shipping them to the dealer and having them do the fixes right away. The know how many parts they need to send based on inventory and the dealerships would benefit from learning more about servicing the truck too. I'm guessing it would be quicker. Either that or they should send like 2-3 techs from each dealership in the region to come and do the repairs at the rail yards, again, it would be good for the techs and would move things along more quickly too.

But if they are probably waiting for new parts and that's what's taking so long. My dealer said they heard it was Missing JBL speakers, but since they were selling cars without a second key fob for alike a year, I'd think most folks would be fine to get that a later date so that seems less likely to me.
What’s funny is my truck didn’t have it when I took delivery of it. I asked where is it and it was in the office I guess lol