Sponsored

Toyota iOS App update / digital key WORKING

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Patiently waited for that Toyota app to update and low & behold today it fixed the digi key that forever stuck couldn’t download. Time to order that faraday bag kiddos!
Sponsored

Bannedname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I feel like this needs more attention - coming from a tesla, I was excited to see the inclusion of digital keys when it was announced but it was completely unreliable when I got my truck.
Super nice that digital key has worked great since this update.

OP
OP
trailhunger

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I feel like this needs more attention - coming from a tesla, I was excited to see the inclusion of digital keys when it was announced but it was completely unreliable when I got my truck.
Super nice that digital key has worked great since this update.
Anyone know of the digital key is on your phone’s RFID chip or Bluetooth? I’m hoping Bluetooth so that I can disable it at night through a sleep focus parameter. I don’t want to stuff my phone in a faraday bag every night altho we do that with all our daily fobs that aren’t shielded & locked in a safe.

Noticed I need to bring my phone very close to the door handle (I believe the antenna is just below it in the door). Either my iPhone Mini 13’s signal is weak or the hardware security design requires your phone to be right up on the vehicle.

Either way, having a key on your phone is clutch in the event your out on a bike ride/road trip and lose the fob or out with the family and someone needs to head back to the vehicle to grab something.

Also noticed a faraday shield on the body panel guarding the gas tank hatch mechanism. If we ever see $5/gal gas again wondering if I should shield the actual gas hatch actuator with additional metal mesh..
Sponsored

Last edited: