TPMS won’t stay on gauge cluster

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ØR
Hello all. Just picked up my 24 TRD OR a few days ago.

I love the truck so far coming from a 21 Tacoma. Better in every aspect.

One thing that has been an issue is I want TPMS on one of the three gauge cluster options and it seems to be reverting back to trip info once truck is turned off and back on.

Have to hold OK on left side of steering wheel and change it back every time. The other two gauge options are staying put.

When truck starts it’s always boost gauge and mpg. Which is fine. But the TPMS gauge keeps reverting to trip info…
Sponsored

OP
OP
GMak621

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ØR
TPMS will not hold. Mine does the same thing and after a bit of research discovered that it is a software issue with Toyota and not limited to the 2024 Tacomas.
Dang it. Oh well not super crucial. Appreciate the response

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
I thought I was going crazy, mine is the same. Haha

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Maybe because tire pressure is not going to fluctuate very much so no need to have it constantly showing. I'm sure you get an alert if one loses pressure, though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT

One thing that has been an issue is I want TPMS on one of the three gauge cluster options and it seems to be reverting back to trip info once truck is turned off and back on.

Have to hold OK on left side of steering wheel and change it back every time. The other two gauge options are staying put.

When truck starts it’s always boost gauge and mpg. Which is fine. But the TPMS gauge keeps reverting to trip info…
Same problem here. I’ve noticed though, because it’s not always reverting, that when it does revert to the trip meter, if I put the electronic parking brake on, it’ll switch back to the tpms screen. It’s definitely a software glitch. I use Apple CarPlay too, and sometimes it’ll kick back to the factory GPS map screen even though the phone is still connected, and this will tend to happen right when I stop and put the brake on.

Code3TRD

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD OR Premium

Same problem here. Not super critical but it’s annoying…

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Well, thanks to this thread I now know the reason why it doesn't stay on the dash.

Porsche

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I noticed when I start my truck up and wait a few seconds before I put it in gear whatever screen u selected it will revert back to that screen (TPMS) you have selected.

MNTBKR

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Following, because I had also noticed this behavior. Wonder if we should be reporting this to Toyota?

Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
I noticed when I start my truck up and wait a few seconds before I put it in gear whatever screen u selected it will revert back to that screen (TPMS) you have selected.
This. Most of the time, if I just wait a couple seconds before releasing the parking brake, it reverts back to the TPMS display. If I release the parking brake before this happens, it will stay on the trip meter display until I stop and put the parking brake back on, and then it will switch back to the TPMS display. It's weird that it does this, but not really that big of a deal. I like my tach on the left with the turbo gauge, digital speed in the middle with the cruise setting under it, and the "analog" speedometer on the right with the tire pressure display. I drive a lot on job sites and if I catch a screw or nail in one of my tires, I want to know about it ASAP!

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
2-3 other threads on this in other forums. It is not staying for anyone like all the other displays remain. For most it reverts back to Trip B.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
It's a software bug/glitch/issue. Not sure why people aren't understanding that lol. Highly doubt it will ever be fixed as it is persistent on other Toyota models as well. Just have to live with it and change it back when you want to look at the pressure readings.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
It's a software bug/glitch/issue. Not sure why people aren't understanding that lol. Highly doubt it will ever be fixed as it is persistent on other Toyota models as well. Just have to live with it and change it back when you want to look at the pressure readings.
I understand it is a software glitch...What I don't understand is why Toyota does not fix the glitch?