Trailhunter Compressor issue

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
It worked previously. I went to air up the tires and suddenly the deflate valve was stuck open. So as the compressor is trying to inflate my tires, a valve is apparently stuck open allowing air to dump at the same time.

Right before a weeklong trip of course. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I took out the compressor air filter out to check it even though I was pretty sure that wasn’t it, and it’s not.

This isn’t a known issue, Toyotas guys haven’t seen it before. I’ve got an appointment for the warranty fix but it will be several weeks, and then I’m sure the parts will take a while.

I will post the fix here, and if anyone else does happens to run into this and finds a fix, please post below!
Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
It worked previously. I went to air up the tires and suddenly the deflate valve was stuck open. So as the compressor is trying to inflate my tires, a valve is apparently stuck open allowing air to dump at the same time.

Right before a weeklong trip of course. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I took out the compressor air filter out to check it even though I was pretty sure that wasn’t it, and it’s not.

This isn’t a known issue, Toyotas guys haven’t seen it before. I’ve got an appointment for the warranty fix but it will be several weeks, and then I’m sure the parts will take a while.

I will post the fix here, and if anyone else does happens to run into this and finds a fix, please post below!
Is it throwing any code/codes on the display? Also, you did indeed remove the compressor to inspect the filter,, all lines and fittings snug? No holes in any hoses ?
I busted out my compressor manual in hopes to help and not seeing much.. if it’s internal you could just get a lil old school on it and tap on it with a ball-peen hammer 🤫

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
No the compressor is made by a company called NSV they have been making oem fitment style compressors for Toyotas for awhile.

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
It’s attached to the bedside in between the rear drivers side fender and the bedside.
Sponsored