Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Dalingrin

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
I didn’t get a screenshot this time. Was just told it was changed today to another month.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
My dealer said two Toyota reps showed up at the dealership today, and he asked them about the delays.

”The ports are backed up.”

That’s all he got out of them. Ridiculous.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Which dealer? I have one at Cedar Rapids Toyota. My sales guy has been super communicative. Heard from him yesterday and no change on their portal and nothing today. I would bet your guy has no idea, high degree of confidence in that.

Problem is no one knows. What @Ruissimo just said as well is the reps making shit up. QC hold is not a port delay.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
My dealer said two Toyota reps showed up at the dealership today, and he asked them about the delays.

”The ports are backed up.”

That’s all he got out of them. Ridiculous.
So your TH had a build date of May 14th correct? I guessing by now there are owners who've had a later build date and (perhaps) also taken delivery - but you're still waiting? What does this mean for QC issues? Confined to some of the early builds, or would you think it's just randomly sitting in a clogged port, a royal shit show of understaffed group trying to fit a baseball through a vacuum hose...?

I do wonder if San Diego pop-up factory has some halos getting QC hold revisions. Not a betting man but if I had to guess, some or one of the TH lines in Guanajuato didn't ace it and 1/2 the trim in total is getting looked at one at a time by TX heavies...

Remember there was a big shakeup at the executive level for Toyota N.A. earlier this year. Some interesting underpinnings to say the least...

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I read that the QC hold on Trailhunters was to replace "snorkel" gaskets that were leaking water in. Those trucks probably were built with a batch of bad gaskets and Toyota held them until they could be replaced.

I know I would frustrated as hell if my truck was just sitting somewhere too. Good luck and I hope it is released soon.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
So your TH had a build date of May 14th correct? I guessing by now there are owners who've had a later build date and (perhaps) also taken delivery - but you're still waiting? What does this mean for QC issues? Confined to some of the early builds, or would you think it's just randomly sitting in a clogged port, a royal shit show of understaffed group trying to fit a baseball through a vacuum hose...?
I read that the QC hold on Trailhunters was to replace "snorkel" gaskets that were leaking water in. Those trucks probably were built with a batch of bad gaskets and Toyota held them until they could be replaced.
I'm frustrated, yes, but I don't have an absolute IMMEDIATE need for my truck (my car is mechanically sound for now, even though it's out of warranty). It's also nice not having a car payment for a couple extra months.

Having said that, the worst part of all this is the runaround we're all getting from Toyota. Just SAY what's being looked at and fixed. I honestly prefer waiting an extra month for a truck that's fixed than one that needs fixing after I take delivery. They're blaming the ports, and saying basically nothing and this is more annoying than admitting what's wrong in the first place.

Now... is it possible the ports are delayed? Yes. Is it possible multiple ports are being used based on where trucks are being delivered? Also yes. For instance, a California port for west coast deliveries may be relatively open for business as usual, whereas east coast ports are probably still being impacted by the Baltimore bridge collapse. WHO KNOWS! I'll let you all know what I hear on Friday, but if I were a betting man, it will either be:

1) No update, sorry, thanks for being patient
2) It's been placed on an additional 28-day QC hold, sorry, thanks for being patient

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@Ruissimo Yep - I agree that the problem is the lack of transparency and poor communications, rather than the wait.

I hope you get that gorgeous truck soon!

Sponsored

Kingsley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 Series
I just heard from my dealer "early-mid August". I've been told "next week" several times at this point so not too confident in that timeframe. They didn't share any other details.

ForgingToy

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco - but hopeful Trailhunter
Has anyone received a TH from a Colorado dealer?

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Has anyone received a TH from a Colorado dealer?
I believe at least 1 has maybe, and upwards of ~3. A Bronze oxide up in Greeley had a very early build & ETA, a white long bed in Colorado Springs listing showed then disappeared. All things being equal, the dealers can take down these inventory sheets manually before they’ve delivered. All of them could be QC hold for CO hard to definitively say…A lot of sales people are taking calls & emails over trucks that are basically unicorns at this point, so it makes sense to delist their allocations as their waitlists are exceedingly high already.

I think the owner for the Greeley dealer bronze oxide is in the forums here, forgot which thread, maybe in the TH allocations thread…

Kingsley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 Series
I believe at least 1 has maybe, and upwards of ~3. A Bronze oxide up in Greeley had a very early build & ETA, a white long bed in Colorado Springs listing showed then disappeared. All things being equal, the dealers can take down these inventory sheets manually before they’ve delivered. All of them could be QC hold for CO hard to definitively say…A lot of sales people are taking calls & emails over trucks that are basically unicorns at this point, so it makes sense to delist their allocations as their waitlists are exceedingly high already.

I think the owner for the Greeley dealer bronze oxide is in the forums here, forgot which thread, maybe in the TH allocations thread…
The Greeley longbed is me, still on QC hold as of today.
Sponsored